Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:36 PM   #1
frank5554
macrumors newbie

New to Xcode and programing

I'm new to Xcode and programming. I have used Microsoft visual basic on my laptop and I made simple things like web browsers, calculators, simple stuff like that. I stared using Xcode and made some simple things like text editors, web browsers, basic things. But I want to start getting into the advanced stuff I really need to learn coding do you have any ideas for me to learn. By the way I'm only 13 so...... Ya. thanks
frank5554 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:54 PM   #2
balamw

Start here: http://guides.macrumors.com/Cocoa_FAQ

B
Old May 1, 2012, 06:38 AM   #3
frank5554
macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thank you very much!!
frank5554 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 07:32 AM   #4
PatrickCocoa
macrumors 6502a

Two paths diverged in a woods...

There are two different directions you can go here.

One is a top-down, academic, computer science approach.

The second is a bottom-up, practical, tutorial approach.

In the academic approach, you learn about such things as computers, object orientation, binary, Cocoa design patterns, encapsulation, and many other topics.

In the tutorial approach, you learn from modifying working small applications and seeing what happens. You learn about Interface Builder, connecting your code to what the user sees, making the dots on the screen do X instead of Y, having something happen when you tap a button, and many other things.

I'd strongly recommend the tutorial approach for you. Take a look at rwenderlich.com and pick a tutorial you're interested in. Google iOS tutorial or osx tutorial or iphone prgramming tutorial or iOS game tutorial or whatever interests you. Have fun!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming