Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old May 1, 2012, 08:41 AM   #1
hanasunny
macrumors newbie

HELP! Iphone with purple lines and black screen?

I have an Iphone 4, and I was just checking my email last night, suddenly the screen went crazy and pink vertical lines started appearing. Now my screen is just black with purple vertical lines on the left side of the screen. Its really faint, not bright at all. I'm able to reset my phone fine, I can even turn it off and slide the phone to turn off at the spot where the off slide thing is suppose to be if my screen was fine. I tried resetting it and restoring it, nothing helped. HELPP?
hanasunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 08:43 AM   #2
macingman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanasunny View Post
I have an Iphone 4, and I was just checking my email last night, suddenly the screen went crazy and pink vertical lines started appearing. Now my screen is just black with purple vertical lines on the left side of the screen. Its really faint, not bright at all. I'm able to reset my phone fine, I can even turn it off and slide the phone to turn off at the spot where the off slide thing is suppose to be if my screen was fine. I tried resetting it and restoring it, nothing helped. HELPP?
Did you drop it recently? Take it to the apple store.
Old May 1, 2012, 08:46 AM   #3
hanasunny
macrumors newbie

Yeah I dropped it yesterday, but nothing happened and everything was working fine..
When the lines started appearing my phone got really hot too so I turned it off for the night and let it cool down. but this morning the lines are still there. :c
Old May 1, 2012, 08:58 AM   #4
macingman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Yeah I dropped it yesterday, but nothing happened and everything was working fine..
When the lines started appearing my phone got really hot too so I turned it off for the night and let it cool down. but this morning the lines are still there. :c
Sounds like it is because you dropped it. Take it to the apple store and tell them the story and see what they do. That's your best option. There's nothing you can do to fix it
Old May 1, 2012, 09:35 AM   #5
scaredpoet
macrumors 603

Quote:
Yeah I dropped it yesterday, but nothing happened
I would say that having weird lines show up on your screen and then the screen going dark is "something happening." Just saying.

Quote:
and everything was working fine..
Take it into Apple, see what they say.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:06 AM   #6
hanasunny
macrumors newbie

I called apple, but i dont have insurance so they said they can't do anything.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:33 AM   #7
SugaredJuggler
macrumors member

Quote:
I called apple, but i dont have insurance so they said they can't do anything.
Are you near an apple store? It might be worth making an appointment and speaking to them in person. I have seemed to always have pretty good look talking to the apple employes in person vs. over the phone. It's worth a try.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:44 AM   #8
NewtonApple
Banned

I second the in store visit. Calling will get you what ever the policy is, where a face to face with a Geek can result in a miracle. A friend dropped his out of warranty iPhone 4 in the swimming pool and explained to the Geek what happened. He returned with a refurb that you could not tell from new!

Be honest and nice and you just never know.
NewtonApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone