Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old May 1, 2012, 01:01 PM   #1
YoungVizion
macrumors newbie

Jailbreak Problems

Hi I'm YoungVizion,

I recently attempted to jailbreak my iPhone 3G currently on 4.2.1. I tried to jailbreak it using redsnow and install cydia. I downloaded what i think is the correct ipsw. So I jailbreak it and let it do all of it's processes and reboot. When it reboots the cydia icon is grey and when I click on it says "Network Error" "Unable to Load". So I open up redsnow again and do a just boot and the cydia icon is still grey and won't work. If anyone can tell me how to fix it or where to download the correct ipsw for my iPhone 3G. So if anyone can help me fi this problem it would be amazing. Thanks for the help in advance.
YoungVizion is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 02:00 PM   #2
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungVizion View Post
Hi I'm YoungVizion,

I recently attempted to jailbreak my iPhone 3G currently on 4.2.1. I tried to jailbreak it using redsnow and install cydia. I downloaded what i think is the correct ipsw. So I jailbreak it and let it do all of it's processes and reboot. When it reboots the cydia icon is grey and when I click on it says "Network Error" "Unable to Load". So I open up redsnow again and do a just boot and the cydia icon is still grey and won't work. If anyone can tell me how to fix it or where to download the correct ipsw for my iPhone 3G. So if anyone can help me fi this problem it would be amazing. Thanks for the help in advance.
Get your IPSW from the iPhoneWiki.
Go to iClarified.com, look backwards in the tutorials until you find the one for 3G on 4.2.1. Use that Redsn0w version.

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 04:57 PM   #3
YoungVizion
macrumors newbie

Ok thanks for the help I'll let you know how it goes
YoungVizion is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks