Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LandoTheGiant

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2012
Alright here's what I am using:

Sprint iPhone 4 5.1
redsn0w 9.10b8b
Updated iTunes
Windows 7

What I have tried:
Running everything normal
Running just in admin
Running Admin + XP Service Pack 2 Compatibility
Running normal + XP Service Pack 2 Compatibility

No dice.

I get stuck at the same part.

It goes from "exploiting with limera1n" to "uploading first stage" to "uploading second stage" then to "waiting for reboot." My phone reboots up to normal, no cydia, nothing and redsn0w just keeps saying "Waiting for Reboot."

Any suggestions?

Landon

LandoTheGiant

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2012
I have even tried to restore the phone to 5.1 with the .ispw on iClarified and it still does the same thing.

I give up..

Bbabysweet

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
use Greenpois0n.com Absinthe

If you can restore your phone update it to 5.1.1 Then use Green Pois0n Absinthe. I used it and it was so easy and I've done it a couple of times. Just make sure you back up your device, just in case.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Absinthe/redsn0w doesn't jailbreak 5.1, only 5.1.1.

----------

Anyone have any suggestions?...........

But if you do mean 5.1.1, make sure your USB cable is working properly. I had the exact same problem on my iPad, even though the USB cable worked fine for syncing to iTunes, when I tried to use it to jailbreak it always failed. And it freaked me out too, cause absinthe would crash in the middle of the jailbreak, I think I ended up restoring 4 times before I tried a different cable which worked without flaw.

Oh and you say you use redsn0w, why not give absinthe a try.
http://greenpois0n.com/
Download links are on the top right

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.