Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 8, 2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Buck1
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
3min mp3 to 7min mp3- how?

I find nice mp3 music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opDingRu38c

Its very nice music, but problem is, that is to short

So bu tI found out that this footage is could be nice editable and make it much longer. But I have no idea on mac (app), how to do it. In past when I using after effects from adobe- there wouldn t be any problem to split it together nice in cycle.

But no I have no idea. If everyone know some solution please share it. But even if anybody make it longer- I will be very pleased for it!!!

Thanks so much
Buck1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 04:41 PM   #2
ChrisA
macrumors G4
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Redondo Beach, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck1 View Post
.. In past when I using after effects from adobe- there wouldn t be any problem to split it together nice in cycle...

I think Garage Band will allow you to make a loop. Works about the same way.
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2012, 12:11 AM   #3
Buck1
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
I think Garage Band will allow you to make a loop. Works about the same way.
I need somewhere in that mp3 to cut it and add another cutted piece to make nice cycle... I am not sure if the garage band can do it...
Buck1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2012, 08:43 AM   #4
Astroboy907
macrumors 65816
 
Astroboy907's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lunar Habitat 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck1 View Post
I need somewhere in that mp3 to cut it and add another cutted piece to make nice cycle... I am not sure if the garage band can do it...
Audacity- will do what you are asking for free.
__________________
Late '08 MBP, 15", 2.66 ghz C2D, 1TB/8gb.
Mac Mini '09, 2.26 C2D 160/2gb, Mediasonic RAID 10 8tb
iPhone 4S Jailbroken
My heatware!
Astroboy907 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2012, 12:59 PM   #5
ChrisA
macrumors G4
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Redondo Beach, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck1 View Post
I need somewhere in that mp3 to cut it and add another cutted piece to make nice cycle... I am not sure if the garage band can do it...
Of course it can. ANY audio editor can do that. Highlight the section yo want to look and copy it out to a different track and loop it. mute the edited track. The trick is finding a point that sounds good.

In Garageband you can even add in some sounds of your own and have them match the beat. Put some drum or bass over the cut point
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2012, 03:22 PM   #6
Buck1
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Of course it can. ANY audio editor can do that. Highlight the section yo want to look and copy it out to a different track and loop it. mute the edited track. The trick is finding a point that sounds good.

In Garageband you can even add in some sounds of your own and have them match the beat. Put some drum or bass over the cut point
I I have already tried in audacity- but from some reason I hadn t make it. It worked me very hard with this app. I am not able to cut some piece of music and split with other...

SO IF I CAN ASK YOU:

If there anyone who has knowledge working with music editors- con somebody make it from following music much longer? I will be very pleased...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opDingRu38c
Buck1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2012, 04:31 PM   #7
Astroboy907
macrumors 65816
 
Astroboy907's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lunar Habitat 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck1 View Post
I I have already tried in audacity- but from some reason I hadn t make it. It worked me very hard with this app. I am not able to cut some piece of music and split with other...

SO IF I CAN ASK YOU:

If there anyone who has knowledge working with music editors- con somebody make it from following music much longer? I will be very pleased...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opDingRu38c
I'll give it a shot...
__________________
Late '08 MBP, 15", 2.66 ghz C2D, 1TB/8gb.
Mac Mini '09, 2.26 C2D 160/2gb, Mediasonic RAID 10 8tb
iPhone 4S Jailbroken
My heatware!
Astroboy907 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2012, 05:07 PM   #8
Astroboy907
macrumors 65816
 
Astroboy907's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lunar Habitat 112
Here goes:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kiyioyaec0ybo9i

its a bit choppy but it should be ok. The original clip anyway seemed to be 3 different parts put in loop anyways.
__________________
Late '08 MBP, 15", 2.66 ghz C2D, 1TB/8gb.
Mac Mini '09, 2.26 C2D 160/2gb, Mediasonic RAID 10 8tb
iPhone 4S Jailbroken
My heatware!
Astroboy907 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:11 AM   #9
Buck1
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy907 View Post
Here goes:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kiyioyaec0ybo9i

its a bit choppy but it should be ok. The original clip anyway seemed to be 3 different parts put in loop anyways.

Yeah! you re amazing thanks for it. Yes you right little bit choppy- I can recognize where do you exactly cut the footage, thats pity.

What app do you use?
Buck1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2012, 03:54 PM   #10
Astroboy907
macrumors 65816
 
Astroboy907's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lunar Habitat 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck1 View Post
Yeah! you re amazing thanks for it. Yes you right little bit choppy- I can recognize where do you exactly cut the footage, thats pity.

What app do you use?
Yeah, sorry about the choppy. I just use audacity, so nothing too fancy...
but if you listen to the original you can tell it is cut as well...
__________________
Late '08 MBP, 15", 2.66 ghz C2D, 1TB/8gb.
Mac Mini '09, 2.26 C2D 160/2gb, Mediasonic RAID 10 8tb
iPhone 4S Jailbroken
My heatware!
Astroboy907 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Tags
edit mp3 cycling

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know how to get an mp3 of this? Anthony T Community Discussion 1 Jun 18, 2013 09:25 AM
mp3 and m4a Avatarshark Mac Applications and Mac App Store 9 Oct 18, 2012 12:40 PM
MP3 to RM?? Dazd Mac Applications and Mac App Store 5 Jul 31, 2012 02:02 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC