Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old May 2, 2012, 06:42 AM   #1
howtouseiphone
macrumors member

Question Need an answer asap please!!

"Hello I'm new here and I would like to know if I could use an iPhone 4s without a micro sim? Like its basic features, Camera, Play Music, Siri, Download apps, and use the internet on wifi? Because I'm planning to buy an iPhone 4s in Hong Kong, and while I'm there I would like to use the Camera, Play Music, Go online using the wifi.. and after that trip I would bring it back here in the Philippines and apply for a Micro Sim without contract.. Thank you and sorry for not knowing.. Such a newbie lol Thank you so much!! I'll be going to Hong Kong this month so I would like to know if I can use its basic features while I'm there " I posted that awhile ago.. And now I really need an answer because we're going to HK the day after tomorrow and I don't know whether the place we're staying at has wifi so I can check for your replies.. I really need it now because the main purpose of our trip to HK is to buy my iPhone and if I can't use it there yet I have nothing to take pictures because I don't own a camera or something aside from my iPod Touch 4g and my current phone~!! So please answer!! Thank you very much~!!
howtouseiphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 08:49 AM   #2
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020

You wont be able to buy an iphone at the apple store HK! They only reserve it to local ppl with a lottery system to get the iphone. U could always try the grey market im sure they have plenty!
Old May 2, 2012, 09:44 AM   #3
howtouseiphone
macrumors member

Thank you for the info The truth is I really don't know where to buy it actually, but I know I will be able to find and buy it there.. I have a friend, which is a resident there so I don't have any worries if they only sell to locals.. I really want to know if I could use the basic features of an iPhone till I get a Micro Sim here in the Philippines. Thank you and I'll hope you'll answer this question too!!
howtouseiphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting