Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old May 2, 2012, 09:23 AM   #1
photogpab
macrumors 6502

iPod for new Car

Just bought myself a new car (my previous vehicle was old... really, really old) so I'm getting used to this new car coming with a built in "ipod connector" and all that good stuff... love it.

BUT, i cant use itunes match, because when i plug my iphone into the car, it wont let me use the "music" app to stream. the car only plays music that is already stored on my iphone (downloaded from match). i cant "stream" the music.

frustrating, but i thought maybe i should just cancel 'match' and buy myself a big ipod classic or another ipod, store all my music on it, and just use it for the car.

i dont want to spend alot of money. im checking ebay and all the usual places... any other places i should check that are more reputable? the refurbished ipods on apple's website are pricey, and they only offer nano's and ipod touches, which dont offer much capacity for the money.
photogpab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 11:14 AM   #2
lee14160
macrumors regular

Just suck it up and get an iPod classic 160 gig then you won't have to worry about music ever again.
Old May 2, 2012, 01:37 PM   #3
firemedicmark
macrumors 6502

I bought the ipod classic and just kept it in my car.
firemedicmark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 01:57 AM   #4
Bsoapsasoplu
macrumors newbie

like them very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicmark View Post
I bought the ipod classic and just kept it in my car.
I bought an ipod shuffle.I like it very much!!!
Bsoapsasoplu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 02:06 AM   #5
Confuzzzed
macrumors 68000

The iPod shuffle may not actually be a bad recommendation because in my experience, the UI lag of most car iPod interface is so terrible that it eventually drives you mad. So at least with the shuffle you can drop a playlist you like on it and listen to it over and over again. That been said, i have an iPod classic in my car and like having access to all my albums on there particularly when I am on the road for a prolonged period of time. Best of luck in whatever you do
Confuzzzed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 08:12 PM   #6
cshel24
macrumors member

I have a 2nd Generation Nano in my car and never had any problems with it.
cshel24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 08:22 PM   #7
Pharmscott
macrumors 6502

See if you can test out a friends old iPod model BEFORE you buy. The support for charging varies among car manufacturers. For example, my wife's Infiniti wouldn't charge her older nano but her new car does. If the car won't charge the iPod while you drive, it's a hassle to remove, charge, and return it to the car.

Besides that, we both have "dedicated" car iPods now and it is sweet! Get some new music and just sync the iPod to get new tunes in the car. No more copying or burning!
Pharmscott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 12:23 PM   #8
kaielement
macrumors 6502a

I like to run my 160gb iPod in my car so I have all my music at once. I am add when it comes to music one min I may want to listen to one thing and the next something completely different. Also its cool when my friends are in the car so that I have something that would please every one and not just me.
kaielement is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod