Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old May 2, 2012, 12:28 PM   #1
waterskier2007
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to waterskier2007
Help! Accidentally changed filepath of xcodeproj file

Hey guys. Need some help here. In my document inspector for my xcodeproj file (on the right side of my window) I accidentally changed the location to Absolute Path (the selection before was greyed out, don't remember what it said). Now I can't get back the selection that it was before so it has for some reason removed every file associated with my project from my navigator. My project still builds and runs, and the files still exist in my finder but I can't get anything to appear in XCode. I clicked the small document icon next to the filepath for the xcodeproj and selected it in the finder window but it does not do anything to remedy the situation. Currently all xcode does is display "Scanning for working copies" with a spinning progress bar in the header.

Any help?

Thanks
16 GB Nexus 7 (2012)
waterskier2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 02:07 PM   #2
PrismaticRealms
macrumors member

I haven't played much with that option, but if you can't figure out how to fix it using the File Inspector, as a workaround, I suppose you could create a new project, and then add your files to it. Don't forget to click the "Copy items to destination folder" check box. Then get rid of the old folder once you have your new project setup.
PrismaticRealms is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming