Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
Hey guys. Need some help here. In my document inspector for my xcodeproj file (on the right side of my window) I accidentally changed the location to Absolute Path (the selection before was greyed out, don't remember what it said). Now I can't get back the selection that it was before so it has for some reason removed every file associated with my project from my navigator. My project still builds and runs, and the files still exist in my finder but I can't get anything to appear in XCode. I clicked the small document icon next to the filepath for the xcodeproj and selected it in the finder window but it does not do anything to remedy the situation. Currently all xcode does is display "Scanning for working copies" with a spinning progress bar in the header.

Any help?

Thanks

PrismaticRealms

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2006
Whitby, ON, Canada
I haven't played much with that option, but if you can't figure out how to fix it using the File Inspector, as a workaround, I suppose you could create a new project, and then add your files to it. Don't forget to click the "Copy items to destination folder" check box. Then get rid of the old folder once you have your new project setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.