|May 2, 2012, 12:34 PM||#1|
SpeakColorsHD Speech Therapy App
SpeakColorsHD is a speech therapy app designed to help teach young children improve their communication skills using colors and photos of objects. The app focuses on simple phrases or sentences using an adjective (color) and noun. For example, "red apple", "The car is blue". When a color or object is pressed, the app speaks the word. A record button allows the child to practice speaking the words himself. This app is geared toward toddlers with speech and language delays, autism, Down syndrome and other developmental disorders.
May is Better Hearing and Speech Month. For this event, SpeakColorsHD 1.2 is on sale for $0.99 USD (or equivalent in your country) until version 2.0 is released.
SpeakColorsHD 1.2 is available for the iPad in the App Store:
The upcoming SpeakColorsHD version 2.0 is planned for release next week. We have made a lot of improvements, including the voice, more types of sentences and the ability to import your own photos. For a preview of SpeakColorsHD 2.0, please see our videos on YouTube:
|May 9, 2012, 11:24 AM||#2|
SpeakColorsHD 2.0 Released
This morning we released SpeakColorsHD version 1.2. The update contains the following:
- Improved default voice.
- Male and female default voices.
- More types of sentences (9 total).
- Import your own photos.
- Add/Delete sentences.
- Change order of sentences.
- Option to display text below the photos and colors.
- Sentence elements are highlighted while the audio is played.
- While audio is playing, pressing other buttons or sentence elements do not cause other audio to play simultaneously.
- Ability to lock the screen.
- Import custom audio from SpeakColorsHD 1.2.
- Images optimized for iPad Retina Display
SpeakColorsHD is available for the iPad for the introductory price of $2.99 USD (or equivalent in your country) for Better Hearing and Speech Month.
Link to SpeakColorsHD in the App Store:
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.