Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UpAllNight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2012
I went on a website http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/12/...touch-3g-running-ios-5-0-1-using-redsn0w.html

downloaded redsn0w, followed the steps of plugging it in, turning it off. then pressing the Power button for 3 seconds, holding the Home & Power button for 10 sec, then only holding the Home button for 15 sec. After that, it said "No device detected. You probably misunderstood the instructions. Google or YouTube search on how to go into DFU mode." My iPod won't turn on. I waited 30 min still won't turn on. Is this bricked? how do I fix it? whats going on?

(ALSO: I plugged it into my PC without using the white plug that comes with it, I used something else.) :confused::eek::apple: Help!

RyanCaldwell103

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2012
Have you tried charging it may be dead or if that doesn't work try restoring from ITunes or try doing it agin on redsnOw

----------

It is it means it is broken

cassius12

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
so yes i know this thread is 2 years old but i need help now i dont usually go to sites for help but this one is tricky. heres the story apple just upgraded pretty much all of their popular apps to ios 5 (this is why i hate apple) and i did a restore on my ipod 2g to version 4.2.1 (because they put a cap on how far you can upgrade this generation ipod yet another reason why apple sucks). so i though hmmm only if i could get my ipod to be faked to version ios 5 then i heard of whited00r which is said to do just that so i tried putting my ipod into pwnd dfu mode using redsn0w so i could use the custom iwsp through itunes. sounds good so far right? well heres the bad part it went through the whole process and now my ipod wont turn on nothing ive tried works to get my ipod to even respond (no its not stuck in dfu mode) except 2 things if i put in in dfu mode (i can still put it in dfu mode the display just doesnt do anything) and use redsn0w to do just boot or recovery fix my ipods screen will light up and then show a white screen for 2 seconds then on the top part of the screen i see black lines go across the screen then the white screen goes away and leaves me with a lit up black and does nothing for 3 minutes and then turns off. i can do this again and again and still nothing happens but i get an error in redsn0w saying

missing keys.plist for this build:

device: ipod touch 2G
ECID: 2092824368398
build: ipod2,1_3.1.3_7E18

if anyone has suggestions please help! i think i have done what many people say is near impossible to do.......... brick and ipod

Cassius

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.