Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old May 2, 2012, 09:50 PM   #1
mulletman
macrumors newbie

Ethernet problems at home with my MacBook

Hi everyone, forum newbie here...

As mentioned in the title I have been dealing with ethernet problems at home for a few days. When I try to access any website with my MacBook (4 y.o., running on Mac OS X 10.5.8) the page doesn't load and I end up with a timeout error message. However when I go in network preferences it indicates that my computer is connected and that the connection is OK.

My computer is connected to a cable modem via an ethernet cable. I have had this setup for months and everything was working fine until a few days ago.

And here are a couple of facts that are mind-boggling when you consider them together:

-My ethernet connection works fine at the Apple Store and public library, so it would seem the problem lies with my ISP, but:
-At home I am able to go on the internet with my old iBook G4, which would indicate the MacBook is the problem.

Waiting for a technician from my ISP to come in tomorrow. In the meantime any help with this very frustrating problem would be greatly appreciated...
mulletman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook