Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Oct 11, 2009, 04:14 PM   #1
JimBobBennett
macrumors member

App store tracking apps

Any recommendations? Downloading reports and adding them all up is a pain, so does anyone use any apps to do this? Whats good (preferably free)?

Polar Bear Fishing - Jump on your ice flow and get fishing!
JimBobBennett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Darkroom

AppSales-Mobile. download, compile and install it yourself using your own provisioning profile. it's great!
Darkroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:24 AM   #3
ethanael
macrumors newbie

Nice find, darkroom!

Another really good application is AppViz, but it sucks that it costs $30. Feel free to use it for the 30 days at least. It's pretty handy.
ethanael is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 03:42 PM   #4
JimBobBennett
macrumors member

Looks good, though never used git before so time to try to get the code...

Thanks!

Polar Bear Fishing - Jump on your ice flow and get fishing!
JimBobBennett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:04 PM   #5
sunmo
macrumors newbie

kukapp.com the online service for tracking and analyzing apps. It's all free.
sunmo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:46 PM   #6
MacToddB
macrumors 6502a

I use both www.TapMetrics.com and www.AppFigures.com

Both are web services that can automatically report your stats, but the differences are:

TapMetrics is free but relies on a Mac application/widget that downloads your data every day and uploads it to their server. It can unreliable, especially when iTunesconnect changes formats... They're good about updates but if you travel, you could miss out on data. But, it's free.

AppFigures automatically retrieves data, so you have to share your password, but you can setup a reports-only account. They charge for each app, but they also email you a report every morning, so that's nice.
MacToddB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:36 AM   #7
drf1229
macrumors regular

Darkroom, when I try and install the app u recommended on my ipod, I get "Error launching remote program: security policy error.". What does this mean?
drf1229 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:41 AM   #8
MacToddB
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by drf1229 View Post
Darkroom, when I try and install the app u recommended on my ipod, I get "Error launching remote program: security policy error.". What does this mean?
iTunesconnect is having problems today... I doubt it's to do with the app. Can you login to iTunesconnect and get your reports manually, today?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:52 AM   #9
skunkworker
macrumors regular

Majicrank is a great one to see how much you've moved up & down
http://majicjungle.com/majicrank.html
skunkworker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:55 AM   #10
drf1229
macrumors regular

That could be possible but it works on the simulator, not my ipod. After I try and download it on my ipod, nothing opens, but the app appears. When I try to open the app from my ipod, it says "Error: Provisioning profile expired" even though the profile is brand new. I even tried making a new profile, but it still says the same thing. Thank you for your help.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 05:12 PM   #11
jclardy
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by drf1229 View Post
That could be possible but it works on the simulator, not my ipod. After I try and download it on my ipod, nothing opens, but the app appears. When I try to open the app from my ipod, it says "Error: Provisioning profile expired" even though the profile is brand new. I even tried making a new profile, but it still says the same thing. Thank you for your help.
Do you have any expired provisioning profiles? If you do delete them then it will probably work. For some reason on 3.0/3.1 it says your profile is expired when it is not if you have any other expired profiles.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:23 AM   #12
drf1229
macrumors regular

When I deleted the expired profiles it worked! Thank you so much for your help!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:16 PM   #13
tjbuick
macrumors newbie

Hey all... so I got pretty annoyed at how difficult it was to track how well your apps are doing on the app store both in terms of sales and in terms of popularity:
- logging in to itunes connect every day and manually copying my sales results into an excel file is just annoying
- none of my apps are anywhere near the top 200, so other services that allow you to track your "top 200 rank" were useless for me -- plus I don't sell that many apps every month, so I can justify the price of they wanted (this is appfigures I'm talking about)
- the other alternative (appviz) is only for the mac platform. It's silly in my opinion to make something like this into a mac application. What if I want to see my sales or ranking when I'm not at my computer! It should be a web application obviously.

I started www.apptrakr.com for my own purposes, but with the thought that it would be super useful for any developer. Every day, AppTrakr will take a snapshot of your category popularity (scraped from the app store), as well as logging in to itunes connect and downloading your sales data. You can view all of this data in a graphing widget. You can also see all of your customer reviews for your selected apps. Now, I'm personally a cheapskate, so I plan on making the end product SO affordable that it's a no-brainer, that I would even sign up for it myself! I'm looking for around 10 beta users that are interested in tracking the sales and popularity of their apps automatically. I need help ironing out the final quirks from the system and also some advice on the final UI for the web site. In exchange for your help, I'll give you 6 months worth of free service after the full launch. You must be willing to use the system to its fullest, so you must enable the itunes automatic sales downloader after you sign in.

reply back to this forum if you're interested.
tjbuick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 02:24 PM   #14
MacToddB
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbuick View Post
I started www.apptrakr.com for my own purposes, but with the thought that it would be super useful for any developer. Every day, AppTrakr will take a snapshot of your category popularity (scraped from the app store), as well as logging in to itunes connect and downloading your sales data. You can view all of this data in a graphing widget. You can also see all of your customer reviews for your selected apps. Now, I'm personally a cheapskate, so I plan on making the end product SO affordable that it's a no-brainer, that I would even sign up for it myself! I'm looking for around 10 beta users that are interested in tracking the sales and popularity of their apps automatically. I need help ironing out the final quirks from the system and also some advice on the final UI for the web site. In exchange for your help, I'll give you 6 months worth of free service after the full launch. You must be willing to use the system to its fullest, so you must enable the itunes automatic sales downloader after you sign in.

reply back to this forum if you're interested.
Count me in. I use www.AppFigures.com (paid) as well as www.TapMetrics.com (free, for now). Each has pros/cons, so I can compare/contrast and offer advice. Now that I have about 20 apps, AppFigures is getting expensive.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 03:15 PM   #15
tjbuick
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacToddB View Post
Count me in. I use www.AppFigures.com (paid) as well as www.TapMetrics.com (free, for now). Each has pros/cons, so I can compare/contrast and offer advice. Now that I have about 20 apps, AppFigures is getting expensive.
Awesome, send me an email to info<at>apptrakr.com with the email you'll use to sign up with, so I can convert you to a full account with 20 apps to track.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 06:03 PM   #16
dejo

I'm interested, as well. Email sent. Looking forward to trying this out.
Old May 4, 2012, 04:11 PM   #17
inarizg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanael View Post
Nice find, darkroom!

Another really good application is AppViz, but it sucks that it costs $30. Feel free to use it for the 30 days at least. It's pretty handy.

Garbage. Too slow, it takes forever to download daily reports.
inarizg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 04:24 PM   #18
Greencardman
macrumors 6502

We use Distimo Monitor: http://monitor.distimo.com/
It can track multiple App Stores, rankings, downloads, countries, etc. Haven't had any problems yet and been pretty happy with it.
Greencardman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming