Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old May 3, 2012, 04:38 PM   #26
leekohler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZBUG View Post
Chicago Tribune, like most main stream media, heavy left bias. Not surprised with this article.......
The Trib reported what he said, nothing more. Is presenting facts now heavy left bias? Are you kidding? And BTW, the Trib is fairly right wing.
leekohler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 04:49 PM   #27
Rodimus Prime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedulous View Post
Privately owned small companies don't always have shareholders.
Often times they do. Just the shares are 100% owned by a single person. It is a private company with share holders. Since it is not publicly traded they do not have to release the same information.

S-Corps generally pay 0 in taxes. Reason is the income goes to the share holders, and then that goes to a tax defer able retirement account. So taxes are never really paid.
Rodimus Prime is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 04:58 PM   #28
hulugu
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Chicago Tribune, like most main stream media, heavy left bias. Not surprised with this article.......
It's mainstream.

And, I find comments like this hilarious. Except for a two-line lede and two paragraphical summaries, the article is entirely made of quotes directly from Romney. What's biased about that? Did Romney not actually say this? Are the quotes out of context?

Or is this comment the typical knee-jerk reaction from someone who has decided that any media that runs against their preconceived ideological notions must be dismissed as biased, without any understanding of the meaning of the word?

I'm thinking it's the latter.
Old May 3, 2012, 07:30 PM   #29
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler View Post
The Trib reported what he said, nothing more. Is presenting facts now heavy left bias? Are you kidding? And BTW, the Trib is fairly right wing.
Subjective.

To him it's just to the Left of Pravda.

If you say something often enough, a lie becomes truth.
iJohnHenry is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 08:18 PM   #30
Huntn
macrumors 604

Until voters demand honesty, we will see this kind of BS. Being caught in a lie used to be shameful. Now it's just spin...
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 08:58 AM   #31
mcrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesith View Post
O's policies increased my small business's taxes and healthcare costs. Vote that guy out!!
Quote:
(edit) Sorry for the insult to the above posters.

Voters can't demand honesty until the News stops acting like a gossip machine. The News is not supposed to be "he said, she said" merely reporting what politician A said followed up by what politician B said. It used to be the arbiter of truth. We used to be able to turn the news on and see or hear what was said followed up by a learned and trusted news reporter who would then tell it like it is.

Congress, using its regulatory powers, or the President using his executive powers, should order the FCC to require anyone using the airwaves that it regulates, and who reports the "news" must adhere to certain truthiness requirements.

Last edited by mcrain; May 4, 2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: removed insult
mcrain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 10:38 AM   #32
vrDrew
macrumors 65816

Of course, everybody knows that Democrats hate business; they hate the Church; the military; guns; and freedom.

As small-business owner, sincere (albeit quiet) Christian, Navy veteran, who likes to hunt wildfowl - and is an enthusiastic Obama supporter - I find this attitude somewhat perplexing.

The fact of the matter is that today's Republican party's biggest appeal seems to be poorly-educated working class white people who are afraid of lots of different thing. And the Republicans have conned these poor saps into thinking that if they give their bosses' ; bosses'; boss an even bigger tax break - he might not outsource their job to Mexico.

That's what Romney means when he says "Democrats don't like business."
vrDrew is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 10:56 AM   #33
jnpy!$4g3cwk
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrDrew View Post
Of course, everybody knows that Democrats hate business; they hate the Church; the military; guns; and freedom.

As small-business owner, sincere (albeit quiet) Christian, Navy veteran, who likes to hunt wildfowl - and is an enthusiastic Obama supporter - I find this attitude somewhat perplexing.

The fact of the matter is that today's Republican party's biggest appeal seems to be poorly-educated working class white people who are afraid of lots of different thing. And the Republicans have conned these poor saps into thinking that if they give their bosses' ; bosses'; boss an even bigger tax break - he might not outsource their job to Mexico.

That's what Romney means when he says "Democrats don't like business."
Absolutely. And the monopolies have been beating this drum constantly. IF you don't like ExxonMobil, THEN you want everyone to freeze in the dark. IF you don't like Monsanto, THEN you hate farmers. IF you criticize any megacorporation, THEN you "don't like business". Sad that so many people who are directly hurt by today's "Republican party"** react in such a predictable way.

(**Almost completely disconnected with the old GOP.)
jnpy!$4g3cwk is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 11:27 AM   #34
mcrain
Banned

It seems odd that a party that works so hard to prevent competition between evenly matched companies would claim to be pro-business. They are only pro-established business, and anti-competition.
mcrain is offline   3 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues