Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

itunes_connect_mobile_icon.jpg

Apple today announced that it has added support for ten new languages in iTunes Connect, giving developers new options for localizing app descriptions in the App Store.
We have expanded language support in iTunes Connect, so you can localize app metadata, keywords, and screenshots in 10 new languages: Traditional Chinese, Norwegian, Turkish, Finnish, Danish, Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese, and Greek.
The new languages are in addition to the previous set of 18 languages supported in iTunes Connect: U.S. English, Canadian English, French Canadian, Brazillian Portuguese, Spanish, Australian English, French, Latin American Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, Korean, UK English, Italian, Simplified Chinese, and Swedish.

Article Link: Apple Adds Ten New Language Localizations for Developers to iTunes Connect

pauliaK

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2012
Banff, AB
Ok, I probably shoudn't ask this here, but what's the difference between U.S. and Canadian English?

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Support for more countries and languages is always nice. Now I hope they'll work on getting some of their services (Like iBooks) into more countries as well. :)

johax84

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2009
Finland
Good news

This is very good news for us nordic iOS developers.
I have made an app that should be available in Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark. They asked me to upload an app for each country so they could enter metadata in the right language for each country. But now I don't have to, so it will save me a few hours of work.
Thanks Apple for the good timing. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.