Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mynameisjeff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2012
Everytime I try to do a system restore on my computer, I get an error "incorrect function. (0x80070001)". Typical Windows error, yet I've never experianced this when running on a Windows only machine. Usually always worked perfectly.But on the Bootcamp system, it always fails.

HOWEVER, I did notice that the 1st restore point on the list usually works, but none of the others below do, and I NEED to use an older one.

Has anyone successfully System Restored their Windows os, when running on Bootcamp?

Is there a fix I can try ? thanks.

Thanks,

And im using Windows 7 by the way.

shortcut3d

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2011
I attempted to use System Restore to migrate my Boot Camp HTPC installation to a larger SSD. This was quite some time ago and I determined it does not work. I figured my issue was due to enabling AHCI by modifying the MBR.

I found that Symantex Norton Ghost 15, which came with my 512GB Samsung 830 SSD can create system restores and clone the drive. Norton Ghost also successfully clones the AHCI modified MBR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.