Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hoggles

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Portlandia
Ya...not surprising with the new 32nm A5.

15+ hours per charge is incredible for a mobile device... For me though, anyone who uses an iPad that much per day....might have a few priority issues in their life.

Get ready for a bunch of pissed off peeps who bought the "old" iPad2 recently.

nph

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2005
Will this new 32nm process trickle down to iPad 3 anytime soon

I am thinking maybe I should hold off a few weeks and see if theiPad3 gets the same processor. If I was Apple I would efinietly go this route to ensure better battery life for the newest iPad if I was doing it for last gen.

Or am I off with my logic here?

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
now, we're going to see another flood of threads where people are going to ask:

Should I get a new 'new' iPad 2 or a new iPad 3?

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
The "new iPad" has a different processor than the iPad 2 so you probably won't be seeing this for the new iPad anytime soon.

Not questioning since I have no facts to counter, but I sure hope you're wrong. If Apple does same as what they did with the iPad 2 recently, then maybe we will see 32nm chips and IGZO screens by the end of the year or just before the launch of an iPad 4.

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2011
Not questioning since I have no facts to counter, but I sure hope you're wrong. If Apple does same as what they did with the iPad 2 recently, then maybe we will see 32nm chips and IGZO screens by the end of the year or just before the launch of an iPad 4.

yeah pretty sure it will be on the new iphone :p

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
yeah pretty sure it will be on the new iphone :p

Agreed.

As will the IGZO screens. They are already on the iPhone 4, and there are plenty of articles indicating the supplier Sharp is ramping up production.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.