Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greg0rn

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
I just sold my Apple TV 2, but am missing the ability to stream music and photos downstairs to the TV set.

Running wire between the units is not much of a problem in my house. But what type, connectors, and where to hook it up to? Also, are there any distance restrictions? It will be about 20' (6m) in my case.

Please advice. Thanks.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
I just sold my Apple TV 2, but am missing the ability to stream music and photos downstairs to the TV set.

Running wire between the units is not much of a problem in my house. But what type, connectors, and where to hook it up to? Also, are there any distance restrictions? It will be about 20' (6m) in my case.

Please advice. Thanks.

Does your TV support an Ethernet connection? What kind of computer do you have - a Mini has an HDMI connection, but other models will require a converter.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada

Please advice. Thanks.

If you just sold your ATV2 what are you connecting to the TV set?

greg0rn

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
I have LAN Ethernet connections on IMac, Time Capsule and TV. But blueroom has a good point. What am i going to use as a controller?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.