ATV2 and XBMC - NAS? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 4, 2012, 02:41 PM   #1
iRooney
macrumors 6502

ATV2 and XBMC - NAS?

I have an external hard drive connected to my Airport Extreme - formatted HFS+. I am trying to get XBMC on ATV2 to detect the drive, but I am having no luck no matter what I do. I tried manually typing in smb paths, but it couldn't find it. I tried browsing the zeroconf way, but I get nothing there either. Anyone have any ideas?
iRooney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Anti-Lucifer
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRooney View Post
I have an external hard drive connected to my Airport Extreme - formatted HFS+. I am trying to get XBMC on ATV2 to detect the drive, but I am having no luck no matter what I do. I tried manually typing in smb paths, but it couldn't find it. I tried browsing the zeroconf way, but I get nothing there either. Anyone have any ideas?
it's always the IP of the time capsule/airport extreme. So it's always X.X.X.1 or whatever you set your router's starting IP address to.

But to see any files/folders, be sure in the ROOT of the drive, create a folder called: /Shared

And then drop whatever files/folders you wish into that Shared/ folder and it will show up.
Anti-Lucifer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater