Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old May 4, 2012, 07:03 PM   #1
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Does anyone have a leather Jisoncase?

I bought a red Jisoncase and received it earlier this week. I really, really liked it as far as the quality of the leather, the quality of the case and the functionality of the case. The only issue was that the leather had a spotted tie dyed look to it. Not uniform at all but it looked like someone spilled something all over it and left it that way in the leather dying process. So I asked the vendor to send me a non-defective one of good quality and he responded that I should just return it as all the cases were that way. The photo looks like the leather is a more natural look but definitely not spotted.

Has anyone received this case and is the leather all spotted and yucky looking? I really want this case but with quality leather.

Any recommendations of other options of a similar case would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Nhwhazup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 03:35 AM   #2
caspianwind
macrumors newbie

I have ordered Melkco Slimme for new iPad from http://www.carrymobile.com in classic vintage brown. It is more expensive than Jisoncase but you pay for premium quality. My case should be delivered in a week or so.
Old May 5, 2012, 05:02 AM   #3
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspianwind View Post
I have ordered Melkco Slimme for new iPad from http://www.carrymobile.com in classic vintage brown. It is more expensive than Jisoncase but you pay for premium quality. My case should be delivered in a week or so.
I really like the look of this case and they have so many to choose from. I totally like the brown one you show but to me it almost looks like more of a nubuck leather which tends to get dirty faster. On the other hand it might tend to wear in very nicely. I think I may order one.

Do you have any idea what their website is talking about when they refer to "heat fashionable items". It's first on the features list for the cases so I'm thinking they are putting it out there as an important feature. Then further down they show some of the cases with small cutouts on the front to show if the iPad is still on or off. That really doesn't make sense if the sleep/awake feature works it should always be off when the cover is closed.

Last question - do you know if there are any coupons out there for this website?
Old May 5, 2012, 01:17 PM   #4
dieburnbot
macrumors 6502a

Am I the only one that read this as

"Does anyone have a leather jizzed on case?"
Old May 9, 2012, 07:34 PM   #5
BDRand
macrumors newbie

All Due Respect, But...

All due respect to Caspianwind, but I have the Jisoncase you were originally inquiring about and I have to say that it is identical to the case Caspianwind pictured except the Jisoncase has a smooth sueded interior as opposed to the embossed interior in the picture. The case he shows does appear more like nubuck while the Jisoncase is leather in a more "natural" state. As to the difference between the two cases and the Melkco being a more premium build,
I would have to see them side by side to affirm the Melkco superiority. I ordered direct from Jisoncase and in three days I had the case in hand costing $77 including FedEx Priority shipping.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieburnbot View Post
Am I the only one that read this as

"Does anyone have a leather jizzed on case?"
Very funny. Chinese company pronounced " JI - san".
BDRand is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 08:05 PM   #6
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDRand View Post
All due respect to Caspianwind, but I have the Jisoncase you were originally inquiring about and I have to say that it is identical to the case Caspianwind pictured except the Jisoncase has a smooth sueded interior as opposed to the embossed interior in the picture. The case he shows does appear more like nubuck while the Jisoncase is leather in a more "natural" state. As to the difference between the two cases and the Melkco being a more premium build,
I would have to see them side by side to affirm the Melkco superiority. I ordered direct from Jisoncase and in three days I had the case in hand costing $77 including FedEx Priority shipping.

----------

Very funny. Chinese company pronounced " JI - san".
I'm still waiting on a replacement for the first all speckled and spotted Jisoncase. I'm hoping the new one will be good quality. Can you please show some photos of your Jisoncase? Would really appreciate seeing a real one rather than just the advertising photo.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories