Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4, 2012, 09:57 PM   #1
chriscrk
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Mac App Store glitch?

ANSWERED; THANKS

In my updates section, it says I have an update for the "Nynan Cat: Lost in Space" app. Problem is, I've never downloaded it! It's not on my Applications folder or anything, either.
I downloaded the iOS version ages ago (deleted now).

The weirdest part is that when I click the update button, in the Apple ID section, I get this: "trippy8bit@gmail.com", which isn't my Apple ID. I have never even seen that mail before :/

Last edited by chriscrk; May 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM.
chriscrk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 11:21 PM   #2
AlabamaSlammer
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Alabama
when did you jailbreak your phone? Cause that happens all the time with others phones who have been running the "installous" app under cydia.
__________________
2012 13" RMBP, 8gb ram, 128gb ssd
Verizon Silver 64gb iPhone 6 plus
16gb iPad Mini
Samsung Note 10.1 (2014) 16gb
AlabamaSlammer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 11:43 AM   #3
chriscrk
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlammer View Post
when did you jailbreak your phone? Cause that happens all the time with others phones who have been running the "installous" app under cydia.
Only time I jailbroke was like, 2 years ago, using a different iPod, and when I didn't own this mac yet.

My curren't iPod isn't jailbroken.
chriscrk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 11:51 AM   #4
ezramoore
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Washington State
AlabamaSlammer doesn't realize you're talking about your Mac and that this is happening in the Mac App Store.

This is happening because at some point you installed an app pirated from the Mac App Store.
ezramoore is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 12:39 PM   #5
chriscrk
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezramoore View Post
AlabamaSlammer doesn't realize you're talking about your Mac and that this is happening in the Mac App Store.

This is happening because at some point you installed an app pirated from the Mac App Store.
Oh right lol. Okay, thanks
chriscrk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 11:23 PM   #6
canadianpj
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrk View Post
Oh right lol. Okay, thanks
I have this same problem, with the same address. I have at no time purposefully downloaded a pirate Mac App Store application. I've searched through all of the MASreciept files on my machine and they all correspond to applications that are from the store.

Regardless, I have gone through everything that I have downloaded recently and removed it, legit or not to see if anything would remove this. So far I have found no way to track down what's causing this.
canadianpj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:49 PM   #7
mbmobile
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpj View Post
I have this same problem, with the same address. I have at no time purposefully downloaded a pirate Mac App Store application. I've searched through all of the MASreciept files on my machine and they all correspond to applications that are from the store.

Regardless, I have gone through everything that I have downloaded recently and removed it, legit or not to see if anything would remove this. So far I have found no way to track down what's causing this.
I've the very same problem on my Mac Mini that has been just recently reinstalled. Never had installed a cracked App and I do not have the problem on my other rMBP.
mbmobile is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:55 AM   #8
surajone
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I need this fix!

Can anyone help I have the same problem cant find a fix!
surajone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2013, 06:48 AM   #9
Rato.Bomber
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Having the same problem. I just think that i need to uninstall/delete something from my Mac that is "changed" and the person who did it is tha same that owns the email account.
Rato.Bomber is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free apps? glitch in the app store? tomietie Wasteland 14 Feb 4, 2013 02:20 PM
iPod Touch: iOS 6 Glitch App Store Zmanbaseball2 iOS 6 2 Oct 23, 2012 04:19 PM
Weird App Store Glitch SMIDG3T iOS 6 3 Oct 3, 2012 04:39 PM
App Store glitch? mattioch iOS 6 3 Sep 28, 2012 12:51 AM
Apple can't count! Found a glitch in the new App Store! tryano iOS 6 7 Sep 27, 2012 06:37 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps