Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old May 5, 2012, 09:27 AM   #1
EmbeddedBob
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to EmbeddedBob
Anyone user Lion and a Sabio CM404 NAS?

I just brought up a CM404 last night. My wife's PC (Win7) has no problems accessing it and creating files on it.

On my iMac, I can log on to the same account as my wife uses, and I can see a directory she created, but Finder can't open the directory:
The folder "test" can't be opened because you don't have permission to see its contents.
Is anyone else using a CM404 and willing to answer some questions?

Bob
EmbeddedBob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 10:50 AM   #2
ovrdrvn
macrumors newbie

CM404 Nightmare!

Hi, I put an incredible amount of data on the unit and lost access with Lion as well. Further to this, I've been in contact with the company and while they agreed to refund my purchase, I've since not been able to get the thing to boot. I'm so exasperated and would never buy from an unknown again. Saving a few dollars may now cost me thousands. I'd be happy to team up with you and any others to get them to take responsibility. If you can see your data, at least you can copy it somewhere else.
ovrdrvn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:30 PM   #3
mpvecchi
macrumors newbie

Does Mountain Lion improve NAS connectivity?

Lion is a networking nightmare, pretty much impossible for me to mount any form of connection to the Sabio CM404. Supposedly, doing an NFS mount would be the answer - which is totally broken, my conclusion after many, many hours of trying all kinds of mounting options. AND IT'S SO FRUSTRATING BECAUSE IT'S SOOOO EASY AND RELIABLE TO USE Windows (XP, 7, whatever).

If anyone has been able to NFS mount a Sabio CM404 on a Lion client, please let us know the details.

Now a new release from Apple. DOES MOUNTAIN LION FIX THE PROBLEM?
mpvecchi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:37 PM   #4
ovrdrvn
macrumors newbie

Answer is NO. But that said, all other vendors fixed the issue in firmware. Kiss that device goodbye if you live on Mac or use it with Windows alone.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 07:58 PM   #5
mlathem1998
macrumors newbie

Sabio Mac Solution Yet?

Has anyone figured a solution for a Sabio NAS access on Lion or Mountain Lion OS yet?
mlathem1998 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:08 AM   #6
ovrdrvn
macrumors newbie

Please Post This On Apple's Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlathem1998 View Post
Has anyone figured a solution for a Sabio NAS access on Lion or Mountain Lion OS yet?
Also, if you can report bug.apple.com.

I've gone back/forth with them on this.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:07 PM   #7
mlathem1998
macrumors newbie

bug.apple.com is that a web address or supposed to be an email address?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:09 PM   #8
ovrdrvn
macrumors newbie

Web. Not sure if you need a developers account to access now that it hits me. If you can't, there is a place to write them...this issue has fine in solved for too long.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:59 PM   #9
mlathem1998
macrumors newbie

I can't access it I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrdrvn View Post
Web. Not sure if you need a developers account to access now that it hits me. If you can't, there is a place to write them...this issue has fine in solved for too long.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals