Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 5, 2012, 12:13 PM   #1
jessandjamie
macrumors newbie

Itunes won't connect to TV unless its unplugged

My 3rd generation Apple TV won't let iTunes connect to it unless I unplug it and plug it back in. Apple TV is connected with an ethernet cable to a Apple extreme router and the computer is a 2011 Macbook Pro connected wirelessly. All software is up to date. I can access the macs iTunes library from the TV but can't play iTunes from the computer. When I hit the airplay icon it says connecting to Apple TV then times out eventually. However if I unplug it then plug back in the dang things connects immediately. Also have a iPhone 4 that works flawlessly as well. I also don't have any passwords set on any of the devices if that helps. Thanks
jessandjamie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Deels1
macrumors newbie

I had the same issue... Returned my first ATV 3 (don't have this problem on my ATV 2) and the replacement does the same thing. I 'fixed' it by resetting when I would get the trying to connect box in iTunes. Like you, the attemt to connect would time out. As a second 'fix' I set the ATV to never sleep and haven't had a problem since. If anyone has a real fix I would love to know it.
Deels1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater