Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlemmon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
denver, co
here's the situation. I plug in my head phones and click the button on the headphone wire (once) to resume playing music. What I hear is the song resuming, but it sounds like it's "skipping" like a bad cd, plays fast, or just sounds garbled up. Then after a second or two it just stops playing. After about 3-4 times of restarting the music it will finally play normally.

This happens just about every time after I've been listening in the car via blutooth, but it happens even if it's been 15 minutes after the car is turned off with the key out. I'm pretty sure it's happened a few other times, but I know for sure it does this after listening in the car.

btw it's an iPhone 4s 16gb lastest IOS.

This is really annoying, an iPod shouldn't skip like a cd. Is this hardware or software? Should I take it in?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
here's the situation. I plug in my head phones and click the button on the headphone wire (once) to resume playing music. What I hear is the song resuming, but it sounds like it's "skipping" like a bad cd, plays fast, or just sounds garbled up. Then after a second or two it just stops playing. After about 3-4 times of restarting the music it will finally play normally.

This happens just about every time after I've been listening in the car via blutooth, but it happens even if it's been 15 minutes after the car is turned off with the key out. I'm pretty sure it's happened a few other times, but I know for sure it does this after listening in the car.

btw it's an iPhone 4s 16gb lastest IOS.

This is really annoying, an iPod shouldn't skip like a cd. Is this hardware or software? Should I take it in?

Is this happening via Bluetooth or with physically connected headphones? If it's with regular headphones, have you tried using a different set to rule out whether the cable or buttons are going bad on it?

dlemmon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
denver, co
Is this happening via Bluetooth or with physically connected headphones? If it's with regular headphones, have you tried using a different set to rule out whether the cable or buttons are going bad on it?

It happens with the head phones that come with the phone. They seem to work fine all the other times, but I guess it's worth trying a different set of head phones just to rule that out.

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
I've noticed this lately and I've never had it happen to me before in any previous iOS version. I think it might be a bug with the ipod app

sergiowpf

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2009
I tried with a different earphone. In fact, with 3 other Apple earphones, including the in-ear. All of them, sooner or later, started to do this. Which is a pain in the ass when you have to keep pausing the song because someone need to talk to you, and when you resume it, it comes all broken, so I have to take the earphone out of the iPhone and in again. Even pausing and playing in the device doesn't work.
One thing that I noticed is that in 90% of the cases, this happens when I'm listening to a podcast or audiobook. Not sure why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.