Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old May 5, 2012, 09:19 PM   #1
immobilus
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 - Bypass Activation / Plug into iTunes Screen

Hello:

I have two iPhones. One was stolen last year and replaced by insurance. Someone recently bought it off eBay and tried to activate it with verizon. Verizon returned it to me. It still has all its old software, contact, text messages, etc. I am sending it to the insurance company, but before I do I absolutely have to get one text message off the phone or at least a screen shot of it. it's absolutely critical.

When I plug in the phone, it takes me to the "Plug into iPhone / Activation / Emergency call" screen. How do I bypass that screen and get to the text messages without having to back it up? None of my back ups have that text message and I need it. Again, it's critical that I get a screen shot of that text message.

Please tell me how to get the text message from it.

Thanks.
immobilus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Hactivate and JB with redsnow.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 11:20 PM   #3
immobilus
macrumors newbie

I'm MAC-stupid. My only computer is a 26-inch 2011 Mac, and I hate it because everything is so small I can't read anything I write. Only reasonable answer is to lower the resolution which lowers the amount of the screen used. So I wonder why I paid $2,500 for a 26-inch Mac when I'm only using 18 of them.

That said, I honestly have no clue what that means. Would you please elaborate, maybe a step by step?

Sorry, again, Mac-stupid. (though, I will say I will never have another blackberry again!)
immobilus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 12:16 AM   #4
TriJetHero
macrumors 601

If it shows the activation screen it is either restored to new firmware or erased all settings, it won't have your old text.

It should activated to your SIM if you put it in.

Or download redsn0w latest version (google) an jailbreak your phone, during the process it will give you the option to activate the phone, bypassing the activation screen.
Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2010
TriJetHero is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting