Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

adobe_cs6_design_standard_logo-150x150.jpg

Two weeks ago, Adobe officially unveiled its new Creative Suite 6 (CS6) bundles of design applications, as well as its new Creative Cloud subscription service offering access to the software and other cloud services for integrating access across desktop and mobile devices.

Adobe had announced that the new products would begin shipping within 30 days, and the company officially began shipping CS6 today. Availability of Creative Cloud will follow on Friday, May 11.
Top new features across the CS6 product line include:

- New levels of performance with tools that take advantage of Adobe Mercury Graphics functionality, allowing users to go from ideas to finished work faster than ever before.
- Enhanced user interfaces that vastly simplify workflows, so users can focus on their content and achieve results quicker.
- New capabilities that streamline the creation of responsive content, ensuring website and apps look great across virtually all screen sizes and form factors.
- Remarkable new science, integrated into imaging and video apps, makes previously impossible tasks suddenly possible.

Adobe Creative Cloud membership delivers:

- Access to download and install all CS6 applications, new HTML5 desktop products - Adobe Muse 1.0 and Adobe Edge preview - and deep integration with Adobe Touch Apps.
- Easy storage and sharing of content across desktop, mobile devices and the cloud.
- Integrated website publishing and hosting.
- Ongoing innovation that provides members with the most up-to-date products and services
Pricing for CS6 bundles begins at $1299 for the Design Standard collection, which includes Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat X Pro. The Master Collection, which includes all CS6 applications, is priced at $2599.

Creative Cloud will be priced at $49.99 per month on an annual commitment or $74.99 for month-to-month access, with the service providing full access to all CS6 applications, cloud storage and hosting, and integration with HTML 5 and mobile apps.

Article Link: Adobe Creative Suite 6 Now Available, Creative Cloud to Follow on May 11

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Waiting for my new Amex to arrive and I will be ordering! I am very excited for CS6 editions of PS & DW!

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Adobe prices seem quite high anyway, but the UK prices are stupidly high. I'll be sticking with Illustrator CS4. Not that I expect there will be much different in Illustrator CS6.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
So has anyone who subscribed to Creative Cloud....downloaded the trials? Or are you waiting until Friday?

-Kevin

blue22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2010
slightly confused...

...is Adobe forcing buyers to use the Creative Cloud to register the software bundle on top of paying for the software itself?!

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
And with adobe you get a disk cluttered with files everywhere, like Norton.
Why can't they just get Apps with all files in it and maybe just one support folder in the main Library.

albusseverus

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2007
Did you hear these turkeys on MacWorld podcast congratulating themselves that STUDENTS only have to pay $39 per month for their software?

Now we know, all the design students are going to have to become strippers just to pay for their software.

Dig that hole deeper, Adobe!

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
...is Adobe forcing buyers to use the Creative Cloud to register the software bundle on top of paying for the software itself?!

No, you have the choice.....either:

a) buy a normal license like before....you own the software and will have to pay for future upgrades

b) subscribe to Creative Cloud....you get access to ALL the software as long as you are a subscriber. FYI....if you own a license to a CS3+ suite...then you can get Creative Cloud for $29.99/month for the first year.

-Kevin

hayesk

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2003
Did you hear these turkeys on MacWorld podcast congratulating themselves that STUDENTS only have to pay $39 per month for their software?

Now we know, all the design students are going to have to become strippers just to pay for their software.

Uhm... students will blow more than $39 on one night of drinking and partying. And they do it a lot more than once per month.

notromeel

macrumors regular
May 19, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I'm confused how this isn't too good to be true? And how Adobe benefits from me paying $50 a month and getting access to ALL the programs? Some clarity would be helpful.. thanks!

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Uhm... students will blow more than $39 on one night of drinking and partying. And they do it a lot more than once per month.

I WISH I could spend over $100 a month on going out alone (since you're insinuating it's $39 a few times). That's over $800 a year aside from food costs, general living costs, school, ect.

$40 per student per month is very costly.

ZeroGravX

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2012
So has anyone who subscribed to Creative Cloud....downloaded the trials? Or are you waiting until Friday?

-Kevin

Downloading the Master Collection now. According to an announcement on the Adobe forums, you can activate the trials with your membership on Friday.

Creative Cloud and CS6 are both being made available to customers this week. CS6 just started shipping, and Creative Cloud memberships will be available this Friday, May 11.

If you have pre-ordered a membership or subscription, and want to start using Creative Suite 6 today, you can download any CS6 product as a fully-functional 30-day trial. Starting May 11, once your Creative Cloud membership is active, you can easily enable ongoing access to the CS6 products you already installed, without having to reinstall them.
Why aren't CS6 and CC being released simultaneously?
We want Creative Cloud to be an amazing experience for our customers and we feel that we need just a little more time to fine tune it. We are aware of the high demand for CS6 and we didn't want to make customers wait any longer for it so we decided to release CS6 now and work on Creative Cloud a couple more days, putting the final finishing touches on it, and then release it before the week ends.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I'm confused how this isn't too good to be true? And how Adobe benefits from me paying $50 a month and getting access to ALL the programs? Some clarity would be helpful.. thanks!

It's simple....it's a subscription. You have to pay to be able to use the software. You stop paying....you can't use the software anymore.

Adobe get's a steady revenue stream of $600/year for people in the cloud.

Based on previous upgrade pricing....it's not that bad of a deal if you are a professional and make your living with the software.

The only big downside is....you don't own the software. If you change jobs and wanted to say have Photoshop around to play with.....you can't. It's won't work.

Adobe hasn't yet clarified what discounts they would give for Cloud customers to get back into buying software licenses.....hopefully they come up with something for a discount if people choose after a year to buy again.

-Kevin

----------

Downloading the Master Collection now. According to an announcement on the Adobe forums, you can activate the trials with your membership on Friday.

Thanks....I read that. I'm always nervous with Adobe and their trials.

Do you know....with Creative Cloud....I'm guessing you get a serial number in your account that you can enter into any of the apps and it will activate it?

-Kevin

Will do good

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Earth
Can't wait for someone come in and take all the business away from Adobe. Please anyone.

Adobe's improvements are small, the updated prices are stupid high. Time from us to stop using their upgrades.

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
Lion Support?

Does anyone know if Adobe actually took time to implement some of the new features in Lion such as full screen apps or Versions?

ZeroGravX

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2012
Replace....do you mean just enter your CC serial number?

Do you know how that will work?

-Kevin

While they haven't said exactly how, I'd imagine you just register the trial software with your Adobe ID that's attached to your subscription and go from there.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
While they haven't said exactly how, I'd imagine you just register the trial software with your Adobe ID that's attached to your subscription and go from there.

Thanks....that's what I am guessing.

Maybe I'll call and see if someone can clarify.

I find it odd that they didn't at least activate our CC accounts today with the ability to just download the software....even if the other features aren't ready.

BTW....I'm assuming you are downloading these via the Adobe Download Assistant?

-Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.