Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DespotDesign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2012
Hello.

I have problem with my new iPad 2 replacement. Two weeks ago I asked online service from Apple for my old broken iPad 2 and I sent the device to them.
After thorough diagnostic testing, it has been determined that a replacement Apple iPad product is necessery and a replacement product was sent to me. But the replacement won't turn on or respond in any way!!! I tried to reset, pressing and holding both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 seconds, but after 10-30 seconds nothing happened.

Do you have a solution?

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Hello.

I have problem with my new iPad 2 replacement. Two weeks ago I asked online service from Apple for my old broken iPad 2 and I sent the device to them.
After thorough diagnostic testing, it has been determined that a replacement Apple iPad product is necessery and a replacement product was sent to me. But the replacement won't turn on or respond in any way!!! I tried to reset, pressing and holding both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 seconds, but after 10-30 seconds nothing happened.

Do you have a solution?

Connect it to your computer and then hold down the home and power buttons for about 20 seconds.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
You may have to charge it first.

Connect it to the iPad charger NOT your computer and plug it in.

You should see a apple logo boot or a battery icon.

You computers USB port just doesn't have enough power if the battery is dry.

DespotDesign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2012
have you tried calling apple back?

No, because at the moment I'm in Macedonia, three months and Telephone Technical Support service has been expired. Other solution or email to contact with Apple?

----------

You may have to charge it first.

Connect it to the iPad charger NOT your computer and plug it in.

You should see a apple logo boot or a battery icon.

You computers USB port just doesn't have enough power if the battery is dry.

But my iPad is not charging through the wall charger and mac usb port , but nothing happens, its completely dead. No apple logo boot or a battery icon.

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
No, because at the moment I'm in Macedonia, three months and Telephone Technical Support service has been expired. Other solution or email to contact with Apple?

----------

But my iPad is not charging through the wall charger and mac usb port , but nothing happens, its completely dead. No apple logo boot or a battery icon.

Well then it's broken and it needs to get back to apple.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010

----------

you probably already tried this, but did you leave it on the charger for a good amount of time? if the battery was completely discharged you won't get a boot or battery icon for a good while, at least on my phone it takes 10+ minutes.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK

The three months doesn't apply to warranty issues afaik. Just for general support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.