Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 7, 2012, 06:26 PM   #1
marty1990
macrumors 6502

Installing Photoshop Brushes?

I've never had to install brushes on PS on my Mac before. I know how to do it from my windows days, but not sure if I've done it right for the Mac.

There was two ways I read online, one through the Library (which I didn't want to do, paranoid in case I mess something up) and then by Cmd clicking the PS icon on the dock, and going to presets and then places the brushes in the Brushes folder.

Is that right?
marty1990 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 07:09 PM   #2
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1990 View Post
I've never had to install brushes on PS on my Mac before. I know how to do it from my windows days, but not sure if I've done it right for the Mac.

There was two ways I read online, one through the Library (which I didn't want to do, paranoid in case I mess something up) and then by Cmd clicking the PS icon on the dock, and going to presets and then places the brushes in the Brushes folder.

Is that right?
I downloaded some brushes several days ago, all I did was double-click the zipped file in my Downloads folder, then double-clicked the ensuing unzipped file. When I opened PhotoShop, boom, the new brushes were in my Brushes palette, at the bottom. When I make a pattern I want to use as a brush, then I click Edit->Define Brush Preset-> etc. I'm sure there must be a couple alternatives to doing anything.
CrickettGrrrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store