Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old May 8, 2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Roc P.
macrumors regular

Joypad not working properly with San Andreas

I just bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on my iMac and I am using a wired
XBOX 360 joypad. However, it's not working properly. I can't control the camera and also the screen just keeps rotating sometimes and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Anyone else come across these issues?
Roc P. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Roc P.
macrumors regular

Man I was really tired when I made this thread. I meant to type gamepad*

Also, this was an impulse buy. I originally bought 2 Xbox 360 wired gamepads so that I can play Streets Of Rage Remake on a Compaq laptop I have that's running windows 7. Worked out great. Then I thought to myself "Hey let me get a game on my iMac"! I am terrible at using a mouse and keyboard to play games and the Xbox 360 gamepad doesn't work on my iMac properly so I am going to just delete the driver for the gamepad and delete the game. $15 lesson learned. Don't buy games on impulse.

Last edited by Roc P.; May 8, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old May 8, 2012, 05:36 PM   #3
Albright
macrumors member

Yes, I had those issues too. The Xbox 360 gamepad just doesn't work very well for many games; the only game I've seen that could use it properly is Cave Story. If you really want to play GTA (or many other games) on your Mac, I suggest investing in another gamepad.
Albright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Roc P.
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albright View Post
Yes, I had those issues too. The Xbox 360 gamepad just doesn't work very well for many games; the only game I've seen that could use it properly is Cave Story. If you really want to play GTA (or many other games) on your Mac, I suggest investing in another gamepad.
Thank you for the reply. Honestly, I don't think I care enough to get a new gamepad. Will just take it as a loss and delete the game and driver and call it a day.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:37 AM   #5
kamuix
macrumors regular

Yeah, that game was never optimized to use the xbox360 controller. I ran into the same problem also and there are a couple of threads with people who had the same issues on various forums. The only solution was to use a type of game controller mapping program where the buttons of the controller would be represented as a button you clicked via keyboard. An example would be http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/ . The only bad thing is that it costs money and more than San Andreas itself lol.
kamuix is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games