Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roc P.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Long Island
I just bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on my iMac and I am using a wired
XBOX 360 joypad. However, it's not working properly. I can't control the camera and also the screen just keeps rotating sometimes and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Anyone else come across these issues? :(

Roc P.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Long Island
Man I was really tired when I made this thread. I meant to type gamepad*

Also, this was an impulse buy. I originally bought 2 Xbox 360 wired gamepads so that I can play Streets Of Rage Remake on a Compaq laptop I have that's running windows 7. Worked out great. Then I thought to myself "Hey let me get a game on my iMac"! I am terrible at using a mouse and keyboard to play games and the Xbox 360 gamepad doesn't work on my iMac properly so I am going to just delete the driver for the gamepad and delete the game. $15 lesson learned. Don't buy games on impulse.

Last edited:

Albright

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2011
Yes, I had those issues too. The Xbox 360 gamepad just doesn't work very well for many games; the only game I've seen that could use it properly is Cave Story. If you really want to play GTA (or many other games) on your Mac, I suggest investing in another gamepad.

Roc P.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Long Island
Yes, I had those issues too. The Xbox 360 gamepad just doesn't work very well for many games; the only game I've seen that could use it properly is Cave Story. If you really want to play GTA (or many other games) on your Mac, I suggest investing in another gamepad.

Thank you for the reply. Honestly, I don't think I care enough to get a new gamepad. Will just take it as a loss and delete the game and driver and call it a day.

kamuix

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
california
Yeah, that game was never optimized to use the xbox360 controller. I ran into the same problem also and there are a couple of threads with people who had the same issues on various forums. The only solution was to use a type of game controller mapping program where the buttons of the controller would be represented as a button you clicked via keyboard. An example would be http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/ . The only bad thing is that it costs money and more than San Andreas itself lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.