Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheComposer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Ok, I just FACEPALM everytime I read something like this, here in the forum:

"It's not Iphone 5, it's TECHNICALLY 6"

"Introducing line of Iphone's names:

1.-Iphone
2.-Iphone 3g
3.-Iphone 3gs
4.-Iphone 4
5.-Iphone 4s
6.-Iphone 6th generation (Skip the numbers, they don't care)

Really, people, It's not about the chronological name, it's not about the generation name either, in the end, it's about how Apple wants to call it.

When the new iphone comes out, you'll remember me when I say this: A lot of threads of "The real name of the Iphone", and you'll imagine me facepalming so hard, feeling shame because those threads!!

If Apple decides to call the new iphone "Iphone whatever", then "Iphone whatever" is gonna be their name, not Iphone 6, or 5.

NOT IPHONE 6!! Come on!!

My prophecy for you, don't insult me!! :apple:

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010

1.-Iphone
2.-Iphone 3g
3.-Iphone 3gs
4.-Iphone 4
5.-Iphone 4s

Really, people, It's not about the chronological name, it's not about the generation name either, in the end, it's about how Apple wants to call it.

When the new iphone comes out, you'll remember me when I say this: A lot of threads of "The real name of the Iphone", and you'll imagine me facepalming so hard, feeling shame because those threads!!

If Apple decides to call the new iphone "Iphone whatever", then "Iphone whatever" is gonna be their name, not Iphone 6, or 5.

NOT IPHONE 6!! Come on!!

Sorry but if this is what you actually spend your time thinking about you need more in your life like a hobby or a girl/boy friend.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008

1.-Iphone
2.-Iphone 3g
3.-Iphone 3gs
4.-Iphone 4
5.-Iphone 4s

NOT IPHONE 6!! Come on!!

wait wait don't you mean iPhone 5?:rolleyes:

Thierry ba

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2012
Sarajevo, Bosnia

1.-Iphone
2.-Iphone 3g
3.-Iphone 3gs
4.-Iphone 4
5.-Iphone 4s

NOT IPHONE 6!! Come on!!

It is 6th iPhone, not iPhone 6, its gonna be called iPhone 5 or The new iPhone or whatever.

R1PPER

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
Iphone 5 will be the next iphone....you have to be really stupid to think they will call it a iphone 6.....really really stupid. my cat is probably more intelligent than you.

samxool

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2011

1.-Iphone
2.-Iphone 3g
3.-Iphone 3gs
4.-Iphone 4
5.-Iphone 4s

NOT IPHONE 6!! Come on!!

I compeletely agree with you.
If the 4S is the iphone 5, apple would have called it the iphone 5.
But they didn't, its the iphone 4S.
Which means that the iphone 5 name is still up for grabs.
End of discussion.

And if you disagree with me, not only are you completely wrong, but you're also an epic douche-bag of gigantic proportions. well done!

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I would not be surprised if it follows suit like the iPad being called "The new iPhone" and that be it.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Iphone 5 will be the next iphone....you have to be really stupid to think they will call it a iphone 6.....really really stupid. my cat is probably more intelligent than you.
I think it's really stupid to call it the iPhone 5. If they choose to settle with iPhone 5, than the onliest reason for doing so is because everybody has been using that name ever since the iPhone 4 was released.

Steve Jobs literally said the iPhone 4 was the fourth generation iPhone (and thus it is the iPhone 4, not the iPhone 3 or iPhone 5).

The next generation iPhone is the sixth generation so it does make more sense to call it the iPhone 6 - that is, unless they just change the rules of the game.

And what about other names? iPhone 4G? Simply Apple iPhone?

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
I equate the OPs argument to "I don't like what name you call it, so call it what I want it to be called". My three year old niece uses similar logic, for example "I don't want the blue one, I want the pink one". So bravo OP, you created a thread that shows you're just as logical as a three year old.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I can't take these posts anymore. Please stop. Please. Know one knows what Apple will label the new release of the iPhone until they announce it. So just stop speculating cause NO ONE KNOWS. NO ONE CAN KNOW. DROP IT.

While we are at it, why don't we all speculate with "logic" and "common sense" what Brad Pitt's and Angelina's next baby will be called.

You see, since Brad was in "seven" with Morgan Freeman and "Fight Club" with Meatloaf it only makes sense that if they have a boy it's name will begin with the letter "P" and since Angelina was in "Tomb Raider" and wore a backpack we know that the name will not end in "S" or have more than three vowels. However, since they both starred in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" we know that the the baby will not have red hair so the name "Rusty" is of course out of the question and it goes with out saying that if the moon is out of phase and Mercury is inversely perpendicular to Alpha Sintori which is aligned with Dean Martin's dead cat that all names that rhyme with "Lester" are most likely.

That was more logical than speculating on the next iPhones freaking name.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Do you think the iPhone 9 will have a 30 pin conector? I just saw something that because of the projector screen the 9 will have it will use a 60 pin conector to charge:confused:

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
This is one of the purposes of this site is it not !
Clue is in its name.

These conspiracy theories , Chinese whispers and rumor mill is what helps keep interest alive.

I rather enjoy reading these threads which will only gather pace as the year rolls by coming closer to a possible release of the next idevices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.