Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Interesting...

Apple Records is suing Apple Computer and you can't buy Beatles songs on iTMS, but....

From the Live 8 concert, you can purchase the SPM/U2 version of Sgt. Pepper and the SPM solo version of The Long and Winding Road.

Is a settlement looming between the two Apples?

(If this is posted elsewhere, I do apologize. I did a search and did not find it discussed.)

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
mac_2005 said:
Is a settlement looming between the two Apples?
Doubt it. Live 8 has a whole different management behind it than The Beatles. That and its a charitable event so it would pretty wrong to not have some of the profits that would go to the people who need it not receive it because of the stupid courts.

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Apple Records has nothing to do with Live 8, which was organized by Bob Geldof, who has no problem with iTunes (the Boomtown Rats are available and I haven't heard Geldof griping about it).

Universal holds the copyright on the recordings being sold on iTunes -- Universal has no problem with iTunes or any other download service, it seems.

U2 were the other musicians apart from Sir Paul -- not only do they not mind iTunes, they have several high-profile ongoing business deals with Apple.

The whole Apple v. Apple thing does not enter into it -- and Paul would look like an arse trying to stop this from being on iTunes.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
.:*Robot Boy*:. said:
Umm... why? :confused:

He's just always been my least favorite Beatle. He's just always struck me as being a narcissistic bastard. John Lennon lived in a manner that was much closer to what he claimed to represent, Paul seems only interested in promoting himself.

That aside, he has made some great music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.