Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13, 2012, 01:20 PM   #1
pdfmax
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Thumbs up PDF Max Pro is free today. Hurry up!

PDF Max Pro is free today https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-...552664144?mt=8. Enjoy & Please help us with 5* ratings. Thank you!

----------------------------------
What's New in Version 2.0:

• Compatible with iOS 6 & iPhone 5.

• Superior performance - Meets the speedy & responsive PDF Max!

• Amazing Realistic Ink plus a better zoom-in writing mode: Writing in PDF Max is a joy now! It’s more convenient & enjoyable to write notes using your finger or a stylus. Your handwriting looks remarkable neat, detailed and crisp even when zoomed. Option to select between Left to Right or Right to Left writing direction.

• Global Eraser & Lasso Tools for Inks.

• Sign documents: Use your permanent signature or one-time signature for your customers.

• Easy to insert new pages with six cool pre-defined papers.

• More Fonts and Colors available when editing Rich-Text-Format Freetexts.

• Option to email document when touching an email-address.

• iPhone Landscape mode support.

• Many bug fixes and enhancements.

*********************

Available on the AppStore
* Free Edition
* Pro Edition

**********************



PDF Max is an eloquently straightforward PDF DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT and NOTE TAKING solution, providing busy users the power to keep, sync, annotate, fill forms and organize a full PDF document library on the go. An all-in-one mobile PDF hub, PDF Max boasts a practical user interface, multiple document organizing features, a variety of professional note-taking utilities, as well as voice recording options.

With PDF Max, you can:

★ FILL PDF FORMS: Highly advanced form-filling features that support complex form field validations & calculations are on hand within the app to help users handle filling out many different documents such as AcroForm & Static XFA forms among others.

★ TAKE NOTES: PDF Max was built from the ground up to make taking notes on and sharing PDF docs a breeze on iOS. The app features a variety of touch-based and type-based note taking options which together enable users to mark up and work on specific documents. In fact, boasting an innovative ZOOM-IN handwriting mode, PDF Max gives users the power to draft handwritten notes quickly while conveniently keeping their notes small yet legible.

★ SYNC YOUR DOCUMENTS & ANNOTATIONS ACROSS YOUR DEVICES LIKE NO OTHERS:
You can now annotate on your iPad 2 at home, on your iPhone on the go, and on your new iPad at work. All your changes are synced to other devices without transferring the whole PDF document. Only changes are exchanged, thus making the synchronization fast and saving you bandwidth on the go. You can access your documents and all your annotations anytime, anywhere ;-)

★ CREATE RICH-TEXT TYPEWRITER - (a.k.a FREETEXT):
Use PDF Max to create Rich-Text-Format content on any PDF page, including images. Furthermore, PDF Max is the only iOS PDF application at this time that supports Rich Text Format Typewriters from Adobe® Acrobat®.

★ MARK UP TEXT:
Mark important things in books, journals or documents using Highlight, Underline, Cross-out and Squiggly tools.

★ RECORD SOUND:
Marking up might take time, why not just create voice memos and embed them into the final PDF, making your work easier than ever.

★ CREATE NOTES AND CONVERSATIONS:
Add comments anywhere in the document. PDF Max even supports thread-conversations to help you collaborate with others like never before.

★ DRAW WITH YOUR FINGER:
Use your finger or a stylus to take handwritten notes or highlight text in books, whether normal PDF or scanned. An Eraser is of course also included to help you correct and refine your handwriting.

★ DRAW ANY SHAPE:
Draw, position and resize a multitude of shapes, including Rectangles, Lines, Ovals, Polylines, and Polygons with intelligent snapping.

★ MANAGE PAGES/OUTLINES/BOOKMARKS/PDF LINKS:
You can reorder pages, insert blank pages and even delete PDF pages. PDF Max is the only application for iOS that allows you to create & manage PDF Outlines & PDF Links.


PDF Max allows to you download PDFs and Zip files from storage services such as iTunes, Dropbox, and any web site using its built-in Browser.

After annotating, PDFs can be uploaded to Dropbox or Sent to anyone via Email. You can also choose to export your work as “PDFs with EDITABLE ANNOTATIONS” or “FLATTENED PDFs” for easy reading on any PDF readers.
__________________
PDF Max - The #1 PDF app for iPhone/iPad. Fill Forms, Annotate PDFs & Take Notes and more!
Available on the AppStore in two versions: PDF Max Pro & PDF Max Free. Visit its flyer here

Last edited by pdfmax; Jan 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Updated Content
pdfmax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012, 04:13 PM   #2
wadjj
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
In such a already overcrowded market, if you don't have a killer feature, don't bother
wadjj is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 12:00 AM   #3
pdfmax
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadjj View Post
In such a already overcrowded market, if you don't have a killer feature, don't bother
Thanks man. We understand that but we believe in our direction ;-)
pdfmax is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 03:56 AM   #4
wadjj
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Then I'd be happy to see what you can come up with. The only great leap forward I can think of would be a combine of PDF Expert'UI and detail and GoodReader's functionality. But I doubt if it's possible because of the resource constraint.

----------

Just a headsup, a lot of apps(including GoodReader so far) can't deal with superscripts properly when highlighting, I don't understand why that's hard. See if you can do that right.
wadjj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 11:18 AM   #5
davidhood
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
i'd be interested in a reader that let's me see thumbnails of the book cover, like Ibooks. All the PDF readers I've seen have a poor UI. Ibooks pdf rendering is not very fast.

If I was a developer, I'd develop a great reader, grow the installed base, then add markup and advanced features as the base grows. Many of the apps I've seen try add 10 levels of functions before they get the first few levels developed properly.
davidhood is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 01:25 PM   #6
matt90036
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I think you got a lot of competition here from PDF expert and iAnnotate. Some features that are missing in one or both of above apps:
Here are some core problems with current top PDF readers
- iAnnotate has poor UI especially when it comes to synching
- PDF expert lacks smooth scrolling
- Both lack custom thumbnails for the PDF files
- Both lack support for skydrive or google docs
- Both don't simple one click document signing, dating, address, etc feature such as docusign has
Must have features for your PDF
- amazingly fast rendering engine
- preindexing and prerendering of large PDFs
- searching within 500 pages shouldn't take more than 30 seconds
- support for Dropbox
After perfect your PDF reader you could add additional features which would help it distinguish from other.
- simple note taking
- simple one click anywhere note taking on PDF
- converting PDFs to JPEG
- converting word to PDF
Most of all a killer app would combine all of these features, would all of them very well but with very very simple UI. Only then I would be willing to spend another $9.99.

Last edited by matt90036; May 14, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
matt90036 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 12:00 PM   #7
epicmar
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Florida
Can you create an app with iAnnotate's great interface and features, add note taking app quality handwriting annotation, and todo/reminder functionality - that would be my ultimate business app. I have so many reference files and constantly get new files that I need to review and provide feedback/edits or read just for the information it contains that the great handwriting functionality and the ability to add due dates to files so that I can keep track of what I have to deal with would be great! Look forward to seeing what you come up with. If your development plans capture what I describe, I would be glad to be a beta tester.
epicmar is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 08:29 PM   #8
pdfmax
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadjj View Post
Then I'd be happy to see what you can come up with. The only great leap forward I can think of would be a combine of PDF Expert'UI and detail and GoodReader's functionality. But I doubt if it's possible because of the resource constraint.

----------

Just a headsup, a lot of apps(including GoodReader so far) can't deal with superscripts properly when highlighting, I don't understand why that's hard. See if you can do that right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhood View Post
i'd be interested in a reader that let's me see thumbnails of the book cover, like Ibooks. All the PDF readers I've seen have a poor UI. Ibooks pdf rendering is not very fast.

If I was a developer, I'd develop a great reader, grow the installed base, then add markup and advanced features as the base grows. Many of the apps I've seen try add 10 levels of functions before they get the first few levels developed properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt90036 View Post
I think you got a lot of competition here from PDF expert and iAnnotate. Some features that are missing in one or both of above apps:
Here are some core problems with current top PDF readers
- iAnnotate has poor UI especially when it comes to synching
- PDF expert lacks smooth scrolling
- Both lack custom thumbnails for the PDF files
- Both lack support for skydrive or google docs
- Both don't simple one click document signing, dating, address, etc feature such as docusign has
Must have features for your PDF
- amazingly fast rendering engine
- preindexing and prerendering of large PDFs
- searching within 500 pages shouldn't take more than 30 seconds
- support for Dropbox
After perfect your PDF reader you could add additional features which would help it distinguish from other.
- simple note taking
- simple one click anywhere note taking on PDF
- converting PDFs to JPEG
- converting word to PDF
Most of all a killer app would combine all of these features, would all of them very well but with very very simple UI. Only then I would be willing to spend another $9.99.
Thanks for great feedbacks, guys. We are trying to do our best and we're very proud on what're doing. We can give the beta access for you guys to take a look if you're okie.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicmar View Post
Can you create an app with iAnnotate's great interface and features, add note taking app quality handwriting annotation, and todo/reminder functionality - that would be my ultimate business app. I have so many reference files and constantly get new files that I need to review and provide feedback/edits or read just for the information it contains that the great handwriting functionality and the ability to add due dates to files so that I can keep track of what I have to deal with would be great! Look forward to seeing what you come up with. If your development plans capture what I describe, I would be glad to be a beta tester.
We are actually in testing of the version 1.0, scheduled to release in June (handwriting includes). In Phase III which we are working on, we offer "handwriting over PDF" with realistic ink style and zoom-in writing - it will be include in the next major update - v2.0 ( scheduled to release in August - 2012). We'd be glad to invite you to access the beta program, please contact us at pdfmaxapp@gmail.com . Thanks for your suggestions and we're looking forward to hearing from you.
pdfmax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 08:49 PM   #9
pdfmax
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadjj View Post
Then I'd be happy to see what you can come up with. The only great leap forward I can think of would be a combine of PDF Expert'UI and detail and GoodReader's functionality. But I doubt if it's possible because of the resource constraint.

----------

Just a headsup, a lot of apps(including GoodReader so far) can't deal with superscripts properly when highlighting, I don't understand why that's hard. See if you can do that right.
We hope this screenshot to give you answers on your issues:
pdfmax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2012, 12:38 PM   #10
wadjj
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfmax View Post
We hope this screenshot to give you answers on your issues:
Image
Try with some complex maths equation, words alone aren't tricky enough.
wadjj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2012, 12:57 PM   #11
pdfmax
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadjj View Post
Try with some complex maths equation, words alone aren't tricky enough.
Okie, we will try this. BTW, could you please send us your document for testing?
pdfmax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2012, 10:28 PM   #12
palpatine
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: May 2011
iannotate is the best out there overall, with goodreader and pdf expert providing a solid experience, and their own strengths. what would get me to change?

faster rendering (scanned pdf files are slow) and the ability to highlight/copy vertical text (asian characters). so far, only android can do the latter.

i'd like to do beta testing. will email you.
palpatine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 02:31 AM   #13
wadjj
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfmax View Post
Okie, we will try this. BTW, could you please send us your document for testing?
tell me your email address, i can send you a university lecture slide i found trouble with
wadjj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 06:05 AM   #14
pdfmax
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadjj View Post
tell me your email address, i can send you a university lecture slide i found trouble with
Please send to pdfmaxapp@gmail.com
Thanks you very much!.
pdfmax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2012, 09:19 AM   #15
pdfmax
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2012
We still look for additional beta testers. Please contact us at pdfmaxapp@gmail.com
pdfmax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 08:11 PM   #16
pdfmax
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Visit us at www.pdfmaxapp.com for updates.
pdfmax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 06:14 AM   #17
sk1wbw
macrumors 68020
 
sk1wbw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadjj View Post
In such a already overcrowded market, if you don't have a killer feature, don't bother
Rain on his parade, dude.
sk1wbw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 07:09 AM   #18
wadjj
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1wbw View Post
Rain on his parade, dude.
Yeah but that's a sad truth.
Competition on pdf-related apps is so fierce, and the goddamn open-in list only allows eight or so to appear, so anything without a killer feature gets deleted within a few minutes on my iPad.
wadjj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 05:52 PM   #19
davidhood
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I've found none of the available PDF apps makes a decent reader. They all seem to shoot for the hi-end with drawing, markup and signature tools but none make a fast intuitive readers.

I'd pay money for a good reader, as I find myself going back to the free Apple Ibooks.
davidhood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 06:02 AM   #20
pdfmax
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadjj View Post
tell me your email address, i can send you a university lecture slide i found trouble with


Hope this answers your questions, Wadjii.
pdfmax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 09:42 AM   #21
wadjj
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfmax View Post
Image

Hope this answers your questions, Wadjii.
Um...no.
Please try highlighting the whole equation. Proper highlight IMO should be a whole yellow rectangle covering the equation, but most apps leave space, making the highlight seems broken.
wadjj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 06:25 AM   #22
sk1wbw
macrumors 68020
 
sk1wbw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadjj View Post
Um...no.
Please try highlighting the whole equation. Proper highlight IMO should be a whole yellow rectangle covering the equation, but most apps leave space, making the highlight seems broken.
Why not just put multiply highlight lines through the equation? I don't know too many people that have physical highlighters in different widths big enough to cover an equation that size with one stroke.
sk1wbw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 06:49 AM   #23
wadjj
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1wbw View Post
Why not just put multiply highlight lines through the equation? I don't know too many people that have physical highlighters in different widths big enough to cover an equation that size with one stroke.
Because you can't, it's not free drawing type of highlighter as that in notability. What's more, physical practice shouldn't be the boundary but only the bottom line for virtual innovation. It's always right to wish for more and better, why settle if better is possible?
wadjj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 06:53 AM   #24
sk1wbw
macrumors 68020
 
sk1wbw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadjj View Post
Because you can't, it's not free drawing type of highlighter as that in notability. What's more, physical practice shouldn't be the boundary but only the bottom line for virtual innovation. It's always right to wish for more and better, why settle if better is possible?
Ah, I thought it was free drawing type of highlighter. I asked for a beta test invite, so hopefully they'll let me in on it.
sk1wbw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 07:00 AM   #25
wadjj
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1wbw View Post
Ah, I thought it was free drawing type of highlighter. I asked for a beta test invite, so hopefully they'll let me in on it.
If it is, they drew a REALLY straight line. And BTW, I don't like that sort of highlighter, well, at least don't want it to be the only choice.
wadjj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PDF Max - The ultimate PDF app for iPhone/iPad pdfmax iPad Apps 1 Apr 21, 2013 06:59 AM
PDF Max - The ultimate PDF app for iPhone/iPod Touch pdfmax iPhone and iPod touch Apps 1 Apr 21, 2013 06:57 AM
Free Apps of The Day For iPhone - (Offer Today Only).. Hurry Up... johnsonlongman iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Jun 27, 2012 04:22 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC