Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 13, 2012, 06:37 PM   #1
c14nhl
macrumors regular

Set Location (In UK, set to US)

I'll be getting my Apple TV in the next couple of days. Here in the UK I believe we get the MLB channel, and not the NHL. However, I'm aware setting my location to US will enable the NHL coverage. What will my limitations be doing this? Will it effect anything else?
c14nhl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 03:35 AM   #2
akjs2396
macrumors member

You can't just change the country to US, you will need a US iTunes account for the ATV to authorise viewing that region.

I have a UK and US account, you can create a US account easily. On your Mac go to the iTunes store and change to US and create a new account, you will need a full and valid US address, I used a hotel in NYC that I frequent regularly. Don't enter a credit/debit card number as it will see it's not a US card.

All I do then is buy US iTunes vouchers from ebay, works a treat!
Old May 14, 2012, 05:52 AM   #3
c14nhl
macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply.

Having different accounts will mean that any media I've purchased on my current account won't be available via Home Share is that right? I will then have to log into my current UK account to view that?
c14nhl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 08:47 AM   #4
tjcampbell
macrumors 6502a

I think just need a VPN. I use a VPN (hotspot on app store) on my iPad for USA Netflix.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1035174/
tjcampbell is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater