Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skelamarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
Removing Bootcamp partition when windows was never installed
I was messing with my computer a few years back and i encountered BootCamp. Not knowing what i was doing i partitioned my hard drive without owning a windows disk. After my partition it asked me to insert a windows software disk (I still dont have one or intend to buy one). I closed boot camp and never looked back. Now i need the space on my hard drive but its being wasted by this partition. Ive tried reopening bootcamp and tried finding a way out but it continues to say i must finnish my original session. What should i do!!

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
You will need to do this from within disk utility - you should see a second partition on your hard disk, you can delete this, then re-size your "Macintosh HD" (or whatever you called your Mac OS disk) partition to utilize the space you just freed up by removing the bootcamp partition.

skelamarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
yes, i know that if i had completed the partition i could easily do it that way but since i dont have windows the bootcamp assistant will do nothing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.