Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hfaistios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2012
Hello everyone,

I went through a guide to replace the screen for my 4G iPod Touch yesterday and eventually I had a problem fitting the front panel.
All done according to the guide and the iPod is working perfectly (screen, digitizer, buttons) but the top part is not fitting as it should be: it stands a little above the normal level (can't tell exactly how big it is; I guess I could stick the point of a toothpick there).

I removed the adhesive of the top-left corner (it seems the problem is near that spot), I tried to first fit the top part instead of the bottom one, I rechecked the screws, I removed as much of the old adhesive as I could but nothing made any difference.

I tried to push harder in case that was the appropriate for the screen to fit but the distortion of the screen made me change my mind. Btw, the bottom part fits perfectly however I try.

So, what else should I try? Any suggestions on what may be blocking the screen in the top part of the device?

waiting for your help :)

Last edited:

hinksta

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2012
Hello everyone,

I went through a guide to replace the screen for my 4G iPod Touch yesterday and eventually I had a problem fitting the front panel.
All done according to the guide and the iPod is working perfectly (screen, digitizer, buttons) but the top part is not fitting as it should be: it stands a little above the normal level (can't tell exactly how big it is; I guess I could stick the point of a toothpick there).

I removed the adhesive of the top-left corner (it seems the problem is near that spot), I tried to first fit the top part instead of the bottom one, I rechecked the screws, I removed as much of the old adhesive as I could but nothing made any difference.

I tried to push harder in case that was the appropriate for the screen to fit but the distortion of the screen made me change my mind. Btw, the bottom part fits perfectly however I try.

So, what else should I try? Any suggestions on what may be blocking the screen in the top part of the device?

waiting for your help :)

I have the same problem.

Everything works, just the top left part won't sit flush like the other corners. I have also tried forcing it down but it doesn't stay stuck down, and the screen flexes badly when I do that.

Please somebody give some advice, we need help :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.