Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old May 16, 2012, 04:41 AM   #1
blindfreddy
macrumors newbie

Restoring ipod touch to factory settings

Hi Mac gurus,

I have an ipod touch which was running some older version of the operating system, and it worked fine with my version of itunes 8.2.1 (6), on my ibook G4 running Mac OS X 10.4.11.

I stupidly downloaded a newer version of the ipod touch operating system when I plugged it into someone else's computer, and now it won't work on my version of itunes. As my operating system can't deal with a new enough version of itunes (10.1 minimum) to run this ipod, I want to reset it back to an older version.

I read about the trick where you put the ipod into recovery mode by holding down both buttons, and then itunes detects it and downloads software back onto it. But while the software was still downloading I got a message on screen saying the ipod touch requires itunes 10.1 or later.

Is there a way around this? Can I get it back to a version that will work on my system?

Cheers
blindfreddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2012, 06:22 AM   #2
musty345
macrumors regular

Maybe you could try downgrading your iPod on your friend's computer?
21.5" iMac, iPhone 5, iPod Touch, iPod Classic
musty345 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 10:10 AM   #3
MOKHAN
macrumors 6502

Give this a shot.
http://www.iphonetechie.com/2009/09/...-itunes-8-2-1/
MOKHAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch