Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jul 11, 2005, 01:04 PM   #1
dfinn
macrumors member

what would you recommend for a good/inexpensive printer?

I'm looking for some opinions on a printer for my girlfriend. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, it's just going to be used for printing out papers and things like that. Color would be nice as well. And of course, it needs to work with both OSX and Window$. USB connection.
dfinn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 01:09 PM   #2
joetronic

im very happy with my HP PSC 1210. Nice color, and okay b/w speeds. 100 bucks at target.
joetronic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 01:14 PM   #3
pna
macrumors 6502

I've been planning on getting a canon pixma 4000 for quite some time now, and just haven't pulled the trigger. There's a perpetual $20 rebate, which makes it something like 70 bucks from newegg, or slightly more than that at standard office depot type places.

Comes with 4 ink tanks, duplex printing, and the ink tanks are actually FULL when you get them, a real anomaly in the printer world, where all other manufacturers ship their products with tanks that are only half full or less. Replacement toner is also fairly cheap.

I can't speak from direct experience, but reviews from both people that have one and review sites all love the thing. There's a tom's hardware roundup of 15 inkjet printers that includes it if you search for it.
pna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 02:39 PM   #4
pubwvj
macrumors 68000

I have the HP OfficeJet 7130 all-in-one for color and an HP LaserJet 5MP for black & white. HP makes a lot of good inexpensive printers. Their print drivers are not the best on the inkjet side but they work.
http://SugarMtnFarm.com
pubwvj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 02:39 PM   #5
katie ta achoo
macrumors 601
Blogger

I have a Canon IP3000. I loooooooooooooove it.

The cartridges are REALLY easy to refill.

I have it USB'ed to the airport express. Just remember to download the os x driver from canon.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals