Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vikundefined

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2012
i have a jailbroken iphone 3gs on 5.0.1 and i want to update it to latest firmware.when i try to update it through itunes i get some errors.any suggestions on how can i update my phone to the latest firmware.thanks

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
i have a jailbroken iphone 3gs on 5.0.1 and i want to update it to latest firmware.when i try to update it through itunes i get some errors.any suggestions on how can i update my phone to the latest firmware.thanks

Get TinyUmbrella, which I assume you used, and set it not to ask Cydia for SSH files and instead contact Apple directly.

Alternatively, you go to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc" and remove the HOSTS file from there, just move it out of there, do your thing with the update and then move it back it in.

vikundefined

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2012
Get TinyUmbrella, which I assume you used, and set it not to ask Cydia for SSH files and instead contact Apple directly.

Alternatively, you go to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc" and remove the HOSTS file from there, just move it out of there, do your thing with the update and then move it back it in.

hosts are already set to apple, but check the hosts file and see if it works or not.thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.