Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old May 18, 2012, 02:18 AM   #1
exbauer
macrumors newbie

How to get MMS working on factory unlocked iPhone 4?

I have searched through the forums and trying to get my MMS working. Things seem to be a bit confusing since I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4. I have loaded the profiles from unlockit.co.nz and my internet is working fine. But, I am not able to send or receive MMS to or from non iPhone users. From what I am reading I need to jail break my phone even though it is factory unlocked correct? Then downloan Cyndia and then the TetherMe app to change the APN? Or is there another way to access my APN settings? Another method I am reading is getting a T-Mobile sim to access the APN settings?

A little history of my iPhone 4:
Purchased from Apple Singapore in 2010 and factory unlocked
I have been using Straight Talk for 4 months and internet is working fine.
exbauer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 06:20 AM   #2
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by exbauer View Post
I have searched through the forums and trying to get my MMS working. Things seem to be a bit confusing since I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4. I have loaded the profiles from unlockit.co.nz and my internet is working fine. But, I am not able to send or receive MMS to or from non iPhone users. From what I am reading I need to jail break my phone even though it is factory unlocked correct? Then downloan Cyndia and then the TetherMe app to change the APN? Or is there another way to access my APN settings? Another method I am reading is getting a T-Mobile sim to access the APN settings?

A little history of my iPhone 4:
Purchased from Apple Singapore in 2010 and factory unlocked
I have been using Straight Talk for 4 months and internet is working fine.
That is the simplest way to do what you need to do.

Look for me here Jailbreak/Unlock Chart
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks