Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old May 20, 2012, 06:23 AM   #1
Droooooj
macrumors member

Old Macbook Pro (A1150) won't boot up past progress bar

I'm trying to fix an older model MacBook Pro (A1150). One day it just stopped booting past the blank blue screen.

I realised the battery and PRAM battery were both dead, and thinking this was a likely cause replaced them both.

Now it boots past the blue screen, does the progress bar up to 100% but doesn't move past that screen. Just sits there with the progress bar full. It also gets quite hot around the number keys, and the fan is on (quietly) which is odd considering it's not really processing much.

I've tried zapping the PRAM a few times, and resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) twice.

I've tried conncting a bootable drive, but when I hold down option on startup I never get the menu of which drive to boot from. If I use the broken MacBook in target disk mode I can see all the files, so I know it's not a HD failure.

Any more suggestions?
Droooooj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 04:09 AM   #2
Droooooj
macrumors member

Nobody??

Have I posted in the wrong section?
Droooooj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro