Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old May 20, 2012, 11:13 PM   #1
gknova61
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4S in recovery mode, and not showing in iTunes

I just updated my carrier settings, and iPhone 4S from 5.1 to 5.1.1, and while it was updating, it said, restore error or something, put my iPhone 4S into recovery mode, and now even after a computer reboot and iPhone reboot, it won't show up in iTunes. I can't simply bring it into Apple or use their express lane as there is no Apple Store near me, and the Express Lane will not work for me for some strange reason so i need someone who knows what to do instead of referring me to someone who does. I have read all the guides that say that iTunes should show this message when you connect it in recovery mode(it doesn't even detect it):
gknova61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2012, 01:45 AM   #2
bandofbrothers
macrumors 68040

Hi,

390 views and no help !

Ive not come across this so won't waste your time.

i truly hope another more experienced member pops along and manages to guide you.

Good luck.

iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Space Grey - iOS 8.0.2
iPad Air 16GB Space Grey. - iOS 8.0.2
bandofbrothers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2012, 02:02 AM   #3
gknova61
macrumors newbie

Thanks man, I've posted this on several other forums (including the official apple forums), the exact same way, and no one was able to help me. I have read thou that some users are experiencing the same thing as me after updating over iTunes.
gknova61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2012, 03:57 AM   #4
bleeze
macrumors newbie

[QUOTE=I just updated my carrier settings, and iPhone 4S from 5.1 to 5.1.1, and while it was updating, it said, restore error or something, put my iPhone 4S into recovery mode, and now even after a computer reboot and iPhone reboot, it won't show up in iTunes. I can't simply bring it into Apple or use their express lane as there is no Apple Store near me, and the Express Lane will not work for me for some strange reason so i need someone who knows what to do instead of referring me to someone who does. I have read all the guides that say that iTunes should show this message when you connect it in recovery mode(it doesn't even detect it): [/QUOTE]

Same issue with me... Also trying to find an answer else where but still failed...
Old May 21, 2012, 12:53 PM   #5
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

You can try putting the iPhone into recovery mode manually. If you still cannot restore it, see if either of these articles is applicable:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows
iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:04 AM   #6
dabgdk
macrumors newbie

I solved this problem by using a USB port in the rear of my computer (as opposed to the front/side).
dabgdk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:44 AM   #7
Omacron
macrumors newbie

This happened to me to with my iPhone 3GS. You could try using RedSn0w or tinyumbrella to forcefully exit it but if that doesn't work you might have to take it to a technician so they can fix it but it is expensive
Omacron is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting