Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freems

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Denmark
Hi, my white Macbook has been running HORRIBLY ever since I installed Lion.
It's sluggish, slow, and it takes an abnormally long time to start up. Never have I experience that using Snow Leopard.

Because of this I reverted back to Snow Leopard after a few months of peril, and now it's running just fine again, but with the unveiling of this summer's Mountain Lion, I've opening more to the idea of a newer OS. I simply ragequitted Lion one day and went back to SL.

I know people have experienced somewhat similar things when updating to Lion, but is there a reason and can it be fixed, or prevented?

Apple cut the white Macbpook like mine off the market, and I've been thinking the reason might be because it simply can't keep up with Apple's newer OS's because of its inferior hardware, is this just speculation?

Thank you in advance.

PCRanger

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2006
London, UK
How much RAM have you got in your machine?
I personally found Lion ran sluggishly with 4GB of RAM, though it depends how you use your machine.

Also, did you do a clean install or an upgrade straight from Snow Leopard?

SpazzyMac

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2011
Denmark
I got a 2011 MBP 15"
the first Lion Install was slow too, the boot time was horrid.
so I got tired of it, I clean installed Lion, now everything is smoother, and boots alot faster, and it even auto sleeps now! :D

and Chrome's Flash player is crap! every Youtube video cranks up the fans :mad:

freems

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Denmark
My Macbook has 2 gigs of RAM.

I installed it on top of Snow Leopard and no clean install, no.
I don't have Lion on disc since I bought it off Apple's online store, is it possible to burn onto a DVD?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.