Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old May 22, 2012, 01:50 PM   #1
seajewel
macrumors 6502

bluetooth stereo headset with the best call quality?

So far I've only tried the LG Tone, which gets great reviews on Amazon, but either I got a defective unit or my expectations are too high. The sound quality is fine for music/audiobooks, but the call quality is abysmal. People sound sort of echo-y, there's a clattering/static sound in the background, everyone complains that my microphone volume is too low no matter how I adjust, and any type of wind makes me completely inaudible. Also on my third call, the headset started lagging everything I said by several seconds. Even in my own apartment with no background noise to speak of, my call contacts were complaining about the headset and how they couldn't hear me.

I'm using it with my iPhone 4. While I want it to be stereo, call quality really is the most important thing for me as I am always on the phone walking to and from work, at home on skype, etc.

ETA: Bah, I guess I'm going to have to settle for a mono bluetooth headset. Looking at the Icon HD or the Blueant Q2, and a couple others. Hopefully I can find one that works well.

Last edited by seajewel; May 23, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
seajewel is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 10:17 PM   #2
jazz4kurt
macrumors newbie

audiophiles don't like call quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
So far I've only tried the LG Tone, which gets great reviews on Amazon, but either I got a defective unit or my expectations are too high. The sound quality is fine for music/audiobooks, but the call quality is abysmal. People sound sort of echo-y, there's a clattering/static sound in the background, everyone complains that my microphone volume is too low no matter how I adjust, and any type of wind makes me completely inaudible. Also on my third call, the headset started lagging everything I said by several seconds. Even in my own apartment with no background noise to speak of, my call contacts were complaining about the headset and how they couldn't hear me.

I'm using it with my iPhone 4. While I want it to be stereo, call quality really is the most important thing for me as I am always on the phone walking to and from work, at home on skype, etc.

ETA: Bah, I guess I'm going to have to settle for a mono bluetooth headset. Looking at the Icon HD or the Blueant Q2, and a couple others. Hopefully I can find one that works well.
Apparently only you and I would like to clearly hear our mp3s and also have clear cell calls =(
jazz4kurt is offline   -1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories