Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old May 22, 2012, 11:08 PM   #1
sportsfanMAW
macrumors regular

Best iPhone Armband

I'm trying to find a good armband to run with, does anybody have any suggestions or experiences with certain ones?

Thanks!
sportsfanMAW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 01:11 AM   #2
DodgeV83
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanMAW View Post
I'm trying to find a good armband to run with, does anybody have any suggestions or experiences with certain ones?

Thanks!
Marware Sportshell Convertible is my favorite, and it's cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Sport-.../dp/B003SNIV70
DodgeV83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 02:14 AM   #3
Ray-
macrumors regular

I hate armbands, I've never been able to find one that's comfortable after sweating. Having said that, they are a necessary evil and the best solution I've found is actually a sock. Take a look at this, http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-...rkout-armband/

You need a big tube sock though, I took a pair from my gf and made 2.
Old May 23, 2012, 09:20 AM   #4
TBONE72
macrumors regular

After trying many (Belkin, Incase, etc.) ArmPocket is THE BEST by far. I've trained for and ran a marathon using one and I still use it. www.armpocket.com I have the Sport20.
TBONE72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 12:04 PM   #5
sportsfanMAW
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE72 View Post
After trying many (Belkin, Incase, etc.) ArmPocket is THE BEST by far. I've trained for and ran a marathon using one and I still use it. www.armpocket.com I have the Sport20.
Do you find that the ArmPocket is too bulky at all? It look like a great armband but I just worry a bit that it's too large. I am training for a half marathon so if it is comfortable for long distances then that definitely sounds like a good one to go with.
Old May 23, 2012, 01:32 PM   #6
wattsja
macrumors regular

Quote:
Do you find that the ArmPocket is too bulky at all? It look like a great armband but I just worry a bit that it's too large. I am training for a half marathon so if it is comfortable for long distances then that definitely sounds like a good one to go with.
I have the Sport20 AND the Xtreme30 and they are .. by FAR .. the most comfortable armbands I have ever used. They are padded and channeled and have room for extras.

I got the Sport20 first, but found that it wouldn't hold the iPhone when in SOME cases .. so I got the Xtreme30 and it will hold the phone in any case I have INCLUDING my Mophie Juice Pack Plus / Otterbox / Lifeproof. Since I am using the Xtreme30, I let my GF use the Sport20 and she loves it as well.

(and to make it even more relevant .. The GF and I are both training for a half ourselves). I do not think you will be disappointed in the least with the ArmPocket

(I do not work for nor have any affiliation with ArmPocket .. I am just a VERY happy customer)
wattsja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 01:34 PM   #7
WRP
macrumors 6502a

I use a $20 New Balance arm band. I keep my ID and CC in it along with my phone and have never had any problems.
WRP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 10:19 AM   #8
TBONE72
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattsja View Post
I have the Sport20 AND the Xtreme30 and they are .. by FAR .. the most comfortable armbands I have ever used. They are padded and channeled and have room for extras.

I got the Sport20 first, but found that it wouldn't hold the iPhone when in SOME cases .. so I got the Xtreme30 and it will hold the phone in any case I have INCLUDING my Mophie Juice Pack Plus / Otterbox / Lifeproof. Since I am using the Xtreme30, I let my GF use the Sport20 and she loves it as well.

(and to make it even more relevant .. The GF and I are both training for a half ourselves). I do not think you will be disappointed in the least with the ArmPocket

(I do not work for nor have any affiliation with ArmPocket .. I am just a VERY happy customer)
YES! Agree with this 100%.

----------

Quote:
Not bulky at all! Very comfy. Looks big on the website, doesn't FEEL big. And, once you see it in person, it doesn't look as big as you thought.
TBONE72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 09:19 PM   #9
Gutwrench
macrumors 6502a

Can you afford a nano? Arm bands look silly to me.
Gutwrench is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 03:32 PM   #10
WRP
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutwrench View Post
Can you afford a nano? Arm bands look silly to me.
Some runners use applications that won't work on a nano. I for one would love to NOT use and armband but I need it.
Old May 26, 2012, 09:43 PM   #11
Bswartz95
macrumors 6502

I use the Runtastic app, and so far, I just carry my phone while I run. I'd like an armband that goes on your forearm. Simply rotate your arm to look at the screen. I haven't seen one though.
Bswartz95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 06:23 PM   #12
Cursayer
macrumors member

Just purchased one of these http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2 for $5 when it was on sale. Looks like every other armband to me. Will report back when I get it.
Cursayer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 07:37 PM   #13
WRP
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursayer View Post
Just purchased one of these http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2 for $5 when it was on sale. Looks like every other armband to me. Will report back when I get it.
Is it just me or does it look like you can't use headphones with that thing?
Old May 27, 2012, 08:42 PM   #14
Cursayer
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRP View Post
Is it just me or does it look like you can't use headphones with that thing?
Apparently you can it says you can plug in through the flap. I'll let you know.
Cursayer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 11:36 PM   #15
bosco2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeV83 View Post
Marware Sportshell Convertible is my favorite, and it's cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Sport-.../dp/B003SNIV70

$25.06 is not cheap as to me. Below one is $5.7, i think it's more value the money

http://www.casesinthebox.com/white-s...uch_p4934.html
bosco2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 06:37 PM   #16
lmb4321
macrumors newbie

iPhone armband

I also carry my phone with me when I run, so I started using the HB Tune - www.hbtune.com. It is basically an arm band that is designed to hold an iPhone in your hand rather than on your arm. It is made of similar material as an armband. I can still change songs through the plastic screen and now I don't have to worry about dropping my phone or having it get sweaty from my hand.
lmb4321 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 09:17 AM   #17
WRP
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmb4321 View Post
I also carry my phone with me when I run, so I started using the HB Tune - www.hbtune.com. It is basically an arm band that is designed to hold an iPhone in your hand rather than on your arm. It is made of similar material as an armband. I can still change songs through the plastic screen and now I don't have to worry about dropping my phone or having it get sweaty from my hand.
You know, you spammers don't have to keep making up fake stories to try and sell your product. We all know what you're doing. It's not like this thread in a computer forum just grabbed your attention so much you FINALLY felt compelled enough to sign up and stop lurking to share your wonderful experience.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 01:12 AM   #18
sportsfanMAW
macrumors regular

Just an update. I went ahead and got the armpocket and it arrived today. I absolutely love it! It is incredibly comfortable and didn't slip at all on my 3 mile run today. It's the perfect size and I love the extra space for a house key. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 07:12 PM   #19
soundtracker
macrumors member

Quote:
Just an update. I went ahead and got the armpocket and it arrived today. I absolutely love it! It is incredibly comfortable and didn't slip at all on my 3 mile run today. It's the perfect size and I love the extra space for a house key. Thanks for the recommendation!
See, thats my beef with armbands, they always slip! If it doesn't maybe its worth trying. Idk, I'm on the fence about it.
soundtracker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:36 PM   #20
OrlandoRocks
macrumors newbie

Cool Flipbelt

Flipbelt... Google it if you don't want to use an armband.
OrlandoRocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories