Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sportsfanMAW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
I'm trying to find a good armband to run with, does anybody have any suggestions or experiences with certain ones?

Thanks!

sportsfanMAW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
After trying many (Belkin, Incase, etc.) ArmPocket is THE BEST by far. I've trained for and ran a marathon using one and I still use it. http://www.armpocket.com I have the Sport20.

Do you find that the ArmPocket is too bulky at all? It look like a great armband but I just worry a bit that it's too large. I am training for a half marathon so if it is comfortable for long distances then that definitely sounds like a good one to go with.

wattsja

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
Do you find that the ArmPocket is too bulky at all? It look like a great armband but I just worry a bit that it's too large. I am training for a half marathon so if it is comfortable for long distances then that definitely sounds like a good one to go with.

I have the Sport20 AND the Xtreme30 and they are .. by FAR .. the most comfortable armbands I have ever used. They are padded and channeled and have room for extras.

I got the Sport20 first, but found that it wouldn't hold the iPhone when in SOME cases .. so I got the Xtreme30 and it will hold the phone in any case I have INCLUDING my Mophie Juice Pack Plus / Otterbox / Lifeproof. Since I am using the Xtreme30, I let my GF use the Sport20 and she loves it as well.

(and to make it even more relevant .. The GF and I are both training for a half ourselves). I do not think you will be disappointed in the least with the ArmPocket

(I do not work for nor have any affiliation with ArmPocket .. I am just a VERY happy customer)

WRP

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Boston
I use a $20 New Balance arm band. I keep my ID and CC in it along with my phone and have never had any problems.

TBONE72

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
I have the Sport20 AND the Xtreme30 and they are .. by FAR .. the most comfortable armbands I have ever used. They are padded and channeled and have room for extras.

I got the Sport20 first, but found that it wouldn't hold the iPhone when in SOME cases .. so I got the Xtreme30 and it will hold the phone in any case I have INCLUDING my Mophie Juice Pack Plus / Otterbox / Lifeproof. Since I am using the Xtreme30, I let my GF use the Sport20 and she loves it as well.

(and to make it even more relevant .. The GF and I are both training for a half ourselves). I do not think you will be disappointed in the least with the ArmPocket

(I do not work for nor have any affiliation with ArmPocket .. I am just a VERY happy customer)

YES! Agree with this 100%.

----------

Not bulky at all! Very comfy. Looks big on the website, doesn't FEEL big. And, once you see it in person, it doesn't look as big as you thought.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I use the Runtastic app, and so far, I just carry my phone while I run. I'd like an armband that goes on your forearm. Simply rotate your arm to look at the screen. I haven't seen one though.

lmb4321

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2012
iPhone armband

I also carry my phone with me when I run, so I started using the HB Tune - http://www.hbtune.com. It is basically an arm band that is designed to hold an iPhone in your hand rather than on your arm. It is made of similar material as an armband. I can still change songs through the plastic screen and now I don't have to worry about dropping my phone or having it get sweaty from my hand.

WRP

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Boston
I also carry my phone with me when I run, so I started using the HB Tune - http://www.hbtune.com. It is basically an arm band that is designed to hold an iPhone in your hand rather than on your arm. It is made of similar material as an armband. I can still change songs through the plastic screen and now I don't have to worry about dropping my phone or having it get sweaty from my hand.

You know, you spammers don't have to keep making up fake stories to try and sell your product. We all know what you're doing. It's not like this thread in a computer forum just grabbed your attention so much you FINALLY felt compelled enough to sign up and stop lurking to share your wonderful experience. :rolleyes:

sportsfanMAW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
Just an update. I went ahead and got the armpocket and it arrived today. I absolutely love it! It is incredibly comfortable and didn't slip at all on my 3 mile run today. It's the perfect size and I love the extra space for a house key. Thanks for the recommendation!

soundtracker

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
Just an update. I went ahead and got the armpocket and it arrived today. I absolutely love it! It is incredibly comfortable and didn't slip at all on my 3 mile run today. It's the perfect size and I love the extra space for a house key. Thanks for the recommendation!

See, thats my beef with armbands, they always slip! If it doesn't maybe its worth trying. Idk, I'm on the fence about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.