Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac Scene

Old Nov 1, 2002, 08:48 PM   #1
P-Worm
macrumors 68020

Looking For Help...

Hey, it's your friendly neighborhood P-Worm asking if any of you are willing to show off you talents in a short film deal that I am doing. Mind you that I am not going to have great acting or anything, it's just more to show what can be done with little to no budget. I'm looking for 3D modelers/animators, People to make a soundtrack, and people to do the audio editing. I'm just a high school student, but I want to show the world what Macs can do!

I'm not exactly sure what to do story wise I was thinking about going with a Metal Gear Solid type approach. So what do you guys think? Anyone want to donate their time and skill? Drop me an email if you are intersted at pworm420@earthlink.net.

Thanks guys!

P-Worm
P-Worm is offline   0
Old Nov 2, 2002, 01:09 PM   #2
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
What is the Metal Gear Solid approach?

And what do you have to offer to people who might be able to help you?

Also, try and remember that you should try and post new threads in the correct forums.

D
Old Nov 2, 2002, 03:34 PM   #3
P-Worm
macrumors 68020

This is in the wrong thread? Sorry, I wasn't sure where to put it.

I am just looking for a project where I can Improve my editing skills and I was wondering if anyone else wants to improve with me. It's less of a movie and more of a learning experience if you get my drift.

As for the Metal Gear approach, I wanted to use that because it leaves it open for special effects. You know, the predator cloak effect for sneaking around, bullet dodging, and off the wall fight scenes. I was also thinking of choreographing the fights in the vain of Devil May Cry with sword and gun action. This project is very open to suggestions and I don't want to limit any creativity from the Macrumors members I just wanted to use videogames as a start. My goal with this is to make things crazy, but still within the bounderies of Physics. Because when the Physics are lost we all know how it turns out...*Cough, cough Armegeddon*

So come show off your skills. I want to see what the people of Macrumors can do together!

P-Worm
P-Worm is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2002, 08:59 PM   #4
P-Worm
macrumors 68020

Hmm....Guess noone cares...

P-Worm
P-Worm is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2002, 11:34 PM   #5
jelloshotsrule
macrumors 601

you just don't have any real direction. it's not like you have a story that you're shooting that you need some 3D parts for or something... you just want someone to come up with a story and do it so you can edit it, which is fine, but it's hard to find people to do that. don't get upset when people don't come running to a request for what is really non specific.

word. someone could see this in a few days and have an idea, never know.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac Scene