Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RemoteIphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
I just remote wiped the Iphone of my ex-girlfriend! You might think this is a dick move, but in all reality she gave me no choice! My apple id and other information is on this device. And just recently I had some security issues with people using my CC trying to buy apps and other shenaningans that is obviously related to my information being on her iphone. So I had no choice but to remote wipe it.
My apple id info is on her phone and she or somebody she knows was using my information to get access to my credit cards. Don't ask me how they did it because I don't know. But I remote wiped it to make sure all my info was erased.
So how can I find out if the remote wipe went trough??
I got an email stating Remote wipe of "username" has started.
Does this mean she was connected to the internet either by 3G or Wifi ? And the device is being wiped? Or does this means once she connects it will be wiped? Kind of important right now! Thanks for any help ..

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It's wiped.
About the apple id all you had to do is change the password and no one can charge or purchase anything using your account.
Instead you deleted everything on the phone. All she has to do is restore and if your password is still the same she can still download stuff.
Sounds like a psycho move to me.

RemoteIphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
It's wiped.
About the apple id all you had to do is change the password and no one can charge or purchase anything using your account.
Instead you deleted everything on the phone. All she has to do is restore and if your password is still the same she can still download stuff.
Sounds like a psycho move to me.

sorry, but I just had to block my credit card because over $500 of fraudulent charges were on it!! I tried contacting her and she just ignores me! I think I had no choice but to remote wipe it to make sure all my iinfo was removed from that phone...

if she had replied to me and wanted to work with me this could have been avoided.. I waited 2 weeks.. she chose to ignore me .. what else could I have done??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.