Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old May 24, 2012, 03:42 PM   #1
RemoteIphone
macrumors newbie

How can I know if the remote wipe of Iphone went trough?

I just remote wiped the Iphone of my ex-girlfriend! You might think this is a dick move, but in all reality she gave me no choice! My apple id and other information is on this device. And just recently I had some security issues with people using my CC trying to buy apps and other shenaningans that is obviously related to my information being on her iphone. So I had no choice but to remote wipe it.
My apple id info is on her phone and she or somebody she knows was using my information to get access to my credit cards. Don't ask me how they did it because I don't know. But I remote wiped it to make sure all my info was erased.
So how can I find out if the remote wipe went trough??
I got an email stating Remote wipe of "username" has started.
Does this mean she was connected to the internet either by 3G or Wifi ? And the device is being wiped? Or does this means once she connects it will be wiped? Kind of important right now! Thanks for any help ..
RemoteIphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

It's wiped.
About the apple id all you had to do is change the password and no one can charge or purchase anything using your account.
Instead you deleted everything on the phone. All she has to do is restore and if your password is still the same she can still download stuff.
Sounds like a psycho move to me.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 05:15 PM   #3
RemoteIphone
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
It's wiped.
About the apple id all you had to do is change the password and no one can charge or purchase anything using your account.
Instead you deleted everything on the phone. All she has to do is restore and if your password is still the same she can still download stuff.
Sounds like a psycho move to me.
sorry, but I just had to block my credit card because over $500 of fraudulent charges were on it!! I tried contacting her and she just ignores me! I think I had no choice but to remote wipe it to make sure all my iinfo was removed from that phone...

if she had replied to me and wanted to work with me this could have been avoided.. I waited 2 weeks.. she chose to ignore me .. what else could I have done??
RemoteIphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 05:25 PM   #4
PsstGreek
macrumors 68040

Could of changed your password to your Apple ID when you first noticed the charges.
Old May 24, 2012, 07:51 PM   #5
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

In other words if she didn't ignore you and wanted to work things out with your relationship you'd take her back and wouldn't remote wiped her phone
Applejuiced is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting