How to work out what spec an ibook logic board is? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jul 13, 2005, 06:24 AM   #1
Spanky Deluxe
macrumors 601

How to work out what spec an ibook logic board is?

I recently purchased a faulty ibook where the fault was apparently a logic board fault. I've started it up and it seems to work fine apart from the fact that the trackpad doesn't work. Luckily I ordered a replacement trackpad last week for a different ibook I was possibly getting but didn't. It hasn't arrived yet but that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, I ordered a replacement logic board on ebay since I thought this logic board was faulty. The one already in the ibook is a 2001 model with 8mb of onboard video memory. How can I find out what the other one is? I know its also a 600Mhz G3 model like the one in the laptop but I don't know how to work out which revision it is, be it the 8mb or 16mb graphics chip. I've got a feeling its actually the same 8mb one as is already in there but I'd like to find out for sure.
Spanky Deluxe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 02:56 PM   #2
alex_ant
Banned

I guess you would need to have it in your hands before you could tell. The first 600MHz iBook used the Rage 128 Mobility w/ 8MB, and then it was upped to the Mobility Radeon w/ 16MB in May 2002. It should be fairly easy to distinguish between the two board revs by sight if you already know what the one you have looks like.
alex_ant is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs