Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old May 25, 2012, 09:53 PM   #1
TB07-NJ
macrumors 68020

How do I change the credit card CYDIA uses?

For some reason CYDIA is using an old expired credit card. There is no way to change it (that I can find) in Cydia.

Cydia is using Amazon payments and that card isn't even listed in Amazon Payments any more (it expired).

Because of this I can't make a purchase and I see no way to change the card. Can't even find a way to contact Cydia to ask (and from what I have heard the chance of getting a reply from them is zero to none anyway).

I guess I could create another account but then I'll have problems reloading previous purchases.
TB07-NJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Eternal 28
macrumors regular

You can try to login to amazon payments and update your card or add a new card.
Eternal 28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 10:55 PM   #3
TB07-NJ
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal 28 View Post
You can try to login to amazon payments and update your card or add a new card.
I have 4 good cards currently registered in Amazon Payments. Cydia is trying to use a card that was removed many months ago and is no longer listed on Amazon Payments so the purchase is failing. That removed card WAS ORIGINALLY what was used by Cydia but is now canceled. Cydia keeps wanting to use it and I can't prevent it so it fails.
TB07-NJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:12 PM   #4
jkdem85
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB07-NJ View Post
I have 4 good cards currently registered in Amazon Payments. Cydia is trying to use a card that was removed many months ago and is no longer listed on Amazon Payments so the purchase is failing. That removed card WAS ORIGINALLY what was used by Cydia but is now canceled. Cydia keeps wanting to use it and I can't prevent it so it fails.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm going through the same thing now
jkdem85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:51 PM   #5
Mad Mac Maniac
macrumors 68040

I also have this same issue. I tried contacting saurik on twitter. I looked through his feed and I saw many others had the same issue. Hopefully this will be resolved sooner rather than later... I have seen no solution as of yet...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:47 AM   #6
slumpey326
macrumors 6502

same problem too, there must be a solution. How can we tell cydia which credit card it should use.
slumpey326 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:50 AM   #7
r.j.s
Moderator emeritus

You should be able to deauthorize Cydia in Amazon payments, and then attempt a purchase. It will ask you to authorize it again and choose the payment method.
r.j.s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:23 AM   #8
Mad Mac Maniac
macrumors 68040

for me the transaction eventually canceled out. It was several hours (5?) and a hard reset later. Then when I restarted the transaction it let me enter new payment information.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks