Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
For some reason CYDIA is using an old expired credit card. There is no way to change it (that I can find) in Cydia.

Cydia is using Amazon payments and that card isn't even listed in Amazon Payments any more (it expired).

Because of this I can't make a purchase and I see no way to change the card. Can't even find a way to contact Cydia to ask (and from what I have heard the chance of getting a reply from them is zero to none anyway).

I guess I could create another account but then I'll have problems reloading previous purchases.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
You can try to login to amazon payments and update your card or add a new card.
I have 4 good cards currently registered in Amazon Payments. Cydia is trying to use a card that was removed many months ago and is no longer listed on Amazon Payments so the purchase is failing. That removed card WAS ORIGINALLY what was used by Cydia but is now canceled. Cydia keeps wanting to use it and I can't prevent it so it fails.

jkdem85

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2012
Monmouth County, NJ
I have 4 good cards currently registered in Amazon Payments. Cydia is trying to use a card that was removed many months ago and is no longer listed on Amazon Payments so the purchase is failing. That removed card WAS ORIGINALLY what was used by Cydia but is now canceled. Cydia keeps wanting to use it and I can't prevent it so it fails.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm going through the same thing now

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
You should be able to deauthorize Cydia in Amazon payments, and then attempt a purchase. It will ask you to authorize it again and choose the payment method.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.